•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

87 Bronco II "II Tuff"

3rd Petal

Reaction score
On the last few night wheeling trips I noticed the lighting in the rear was pretty poor. A few weeks ago I came across a cheap fog light laying in the middle of a trail, so I threw it on the back and wired it in with the reverse lights

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, what's in the parts pile there? You going D35?

3rd Petal

Reaction score
D35 with a Spartan locker, 4.88's, boxed and extended radius arms w/ heim joints, skyjacker axle pivot drop brackets, and XJ coils. Then 8.8 rear with a rebuilt trac-lock, 4.88"s, and skyjacker 4" springs

Last edited:

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Got it back together and on the road. No build pics unfortunately, as soon as I got it torn apart I got screwed by work. A couple all night thrashes inside a 70 hr work week left no time to stop and take pics. But as soon as I can I will get some pictures up of the finished product

3rd Petal

Reaction score

Stock radius arms bent, boxed, and extended with RuffStuff Heims and brackets

Stock crossmember narrowed and bolted off radius arm mounts

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Explorer 8.8, rebuilt trac-lock, 4.88's, Skyjacker 4" springs

D35, Spartan locker, 4.88's, xj springs, skyjacker axle pivot drop brackets, dropped pitman arm

I'm not super happy with the stance in the front. I liked the ground clearance I got with the stock pivot brackets and spring spacers, with camber bushings to correct it. If I were to do it again I would probably find a set of High Rider brackets and just max out a set of camber bushings to get the axle up higher. Down the road I may just throw the spring spacers back under it

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Next on the list will be some 33's on new wheels, and I will probably put the front sway bar back on with some quick disconnects since it is my girlfriends daily driver

1RangerNut

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
What brand and height coils did use? And I'm sure you know but your gonna want to get the steering lower, especially since it's gonna be a driver.

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I used rancho 3" lift xj coils, found them cheap on Amazon. And I know, but I had to get it back together and on the road. I will build a K style steering linkage down the road. It handles just fine how it is though, doesn't have bump steer or anything. I'm sure it will wear the front tires a little faster how it is, but I will hopefully get around to it before that becomes an issue

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Finally got rid of the ugliest wheels ever produced in favor of some Black Rock steelies wrapped in 33x10.50 KM2's
Also the front springs settled in a bit so I threw the 1.5" spacers back under

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Here are some pictures from Fordyce last weekend. Also it has sliders, OBA, and some fender trimming that I didn't post anything about earlier

Give me a few days to gather up all the pictures and videos, and I'll post them all in the "Trip Report" section of the forum

Kara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Does your girlfriend get to drive it? or do you just keep tinkering with it :D

My boyfriend spends his time trying to convince me to get a new truck. He is not a fan of my bronco in its current state.

It looks great.

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I got the girlfriend just for the Bronco.... Just kidding, don't tell her I said that

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Perfect!!!!
Might as well go for it. She can't stay mad forever.....right? :D