•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

88 Bronco II question

TheBreeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I'm rebuilding my Bronco 2 about a month ago had an electrical fire the wiring harness near the L F headlight must've shorted out melted the Overflow bottle Master Cylinder Reservoir all the vacuum lines and almost got the fuel lines

My question is from the Vacuum/Purge Canister where do the 2 vacuum lines run to and what size hose do i need

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
you need something called the tech library, it will tell you everything you need to know and some

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Actually I am not sure that info is in the library.

I do not remember what size the lines are, but it is probably around 1/4 inch. One line will go to the nipple under the throttle body. The other goea to the fuel tank.

Postin' from teh Galaxy

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
If I remember this right. The one that goes under the valve body is a hard plastic line about 1/8" in dia. It connects to the nipples using a 2" section of rubber hose. There is most likely some 'left overs' from this that you can use to track down the correct size. Now while you can use a full sized rubber hose that long? IMO it would be all to easy to have the rubber 'kink'. Now if you got a section of steel line and custom bent it? That would be more of a 'pro' fix.

S-

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
specifically what size doesnt really matter, as long as it does the job. like adsm said, one goes to a vacuum port on the underside of the throttle body, the other goes to a vent on the fuel tank. both have hard lines in between, i would imagine you still have those...

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
specifically what size doesnt really matter, as long as it does the job. like adsm said, one goes to a vacuum port on the underside of the throttle body, the other goes to a vent on the fuel tank. both have hard lines in between, i would imagine you still have those...
Likely the hard line from the fuel tank that goes to the canister might still be useable. The line from the canister that goes to the port under the body? That one I believe is made of plastic tubing and wouldn't survive long in a fire. There might be enough to work with for reference. Small piece of brake line tubing can be bent by hand to match the old shape, and from there cap off the ends with rubber hose to their respective mating ports/nipples.

S-

TheBreeze

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I found another Bronco 2 at a Wrecking yard the small one goes to the throttle body big one to the intake i rigged the hood release cable for now need to find a replacement got it running again runs great AAA Insurance is the best Ins Co ever paid me to fix my own truck lol an still has a clear title

Last edited: