•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

98 explorer front seats in b2

tate22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 bronco ll
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
would it be a bolt off bolt on with 98 explorer front seats into 89 b2?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would put the Explorer seats on the BII tracks, which doubles the number of bolts you have to take out, but it should work just fine.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Old thread, I know, but thinking about replacing the front seats in my B2, I'd like something that has a center console/arm rest design. Thinking I'd have to put the passenger seat on the B2 rails due to the setup for rear seat access.

Anyone actually do a seat swap and have some pictures on the process? Thinking I'll have to go with seats from a different vehicle other than a Bronco 2, so trying to think of vehicles I could get seats from that would work. I don't mind the bucket seats up front, just the seat back on the driver's seat is broken or twisted as it don't sit aligned properly.

Anyone's thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Was thinking Explorer bucket seats but how would they work to keep the original functionality of the passenger seat flipping forward to get to the rear seat area?

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
explorer seats and console bolt right in, did it on my BII. had to us BII tracks on both seats. the pass side seat lift doesn't work well with the high back seats, but the 89 BII I parted out had the same seats as my 91 explorer, with no lift mechanism. still easy to get into rear seat

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
explorer seats and console bolt right in, did it on my BII. had to us BII tracks on both seats. the pass side seat lift doesn't work well with the high back seats, but the 89 BII I parted out had the same seats as my 91 explorer, with no lift mechanism. still easy to get into rear seat
No lift mechanism, how do you get access to the back seat? Do the seats slide forward and back tip forward enough for easy access? Just don't want to waste what little money I have for something I will regret doing.