•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

A4LD to FM146 bolt questions...

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys, I posted this over in the Bronco II section, but wasn't getting any luck in finding an answer...

Will any of the bolts from the A4LD bellhousing transfer over to the FM146? The thinner ones look like they'll work with about a half inch of thread into the block, and the fat ones won't. Can I just get a couple of grade 8's to match the thin ones or should they all be changed to something else?

Also, the donor transmission I got had no clutch in it, does anyone know the bolt size/length for the flexplate to flywheel?

Thanks!

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
You're speaking about the bolts that go into the engine? I believe they are M10-1.5 bolts about 40-50mm long (grade 9.8 if I recall correct). If they thread in and are the right length, they should work, though I'd want at least 3/4" (18-20mm) of thread into the block so there's less chance of them stripping.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yes, those.

Thanks for the info, now I need to figure out where to get grade 9.8 bolts...

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G...

Drown it, Drop it, Ding it, it'll laugh in your face, then laugh some more, then go rape an iPhone. The only smartphone that can grow a beard and field strip an AK47. If you could only take one phone to Mars, don't bother, it's already there. Waiting for you to show up, so it can kick your ass, laugh, then rape the iPad your liberal crybaby co-pilot brought. Forget Chuck Norris, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Any idea about those clutch to flywheel bolts?

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.