•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

battery relocation problem...

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
So im stuffing a twin turbo 5.0 into the bronco 2 AKA its in but I dont have room for the battery up front with the passenger side turbo being where it is. so my question is: do any of you guys have a suggestion for a relocation spot that doesnt suck? I mean I need it not in the way and not to look trashy. I thought about getting a polished box and mounting it in the rear somewhere but I dont know where I would put it. my other thought was put it in a polished box and make a custom center council piece and put a false bottom in the flip up cubby and have it in there. thoughts?

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
What is the use of the truck?
If street perhaps you can hang it under the floor with an access panel.
I sorta remember someone building a box in front of or maybe it was under one of the rear seats.
good luck,

Richard

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Do you have any space by the firewall?

RonD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
On some newer dodges I have worked on they put the battery lower but up by the rad support; service, install and removal is done by fender well access panel.
On the trucks you can just turn the wheel all the way to one side to get access, on some of the cars I think the wheel needs to be removed to get access.
It could be by rad support or firewall, but with exhaust heat I would pick up front :)

If I did this I would be tempted to run "Jumper cable" access terminals up to the top of the bay, so you could jump or be jumped without to much trouble, also test battery without removing access panel.

Maybe install existing battery wires to terminals at the top of the bay, then run two cables to the battery location from those terminals, so no modification of existing wires/cables is needed and you could disconnect power easily.
Even if you install battery in a box inside I might do this, just make it easier in the long run.

Last edited:

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Take a look at 4x4 Junkies rig, this is a pretty cool relocation.

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
wow thanks for all the help guys. checking out lots of options.

to answer questions the truck is used mostly for mud/sand/weekends on the road. I DD my S/C vette in the summer and i don't plan on making it a winter DD so itll just be a drive it once in a while thing. It will probably get raced occasionally at low level mud and sand drags. but you guys have had some brilliant Ideas. I think what I am going to do though is:

Get a https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.braillebattery.com%2Findex.php%2Fbraille%2Fproduct_series%2Flightweight_agm&h=iAQEFDWqe

and make a custom box/mount between the master cylinder and the fender right near the firewall.

integman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
twin turbo 5.0 in a bronco ii? I gotta see that, have any pics