•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Branger III almost done

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
here is the branger almost done, soon to have a bobbed box(getting painted)been working on it for about 3 weeks now started with a 1989 broncoII and 86 single cab ranger. ill post some of the buildup later.

Last edited:

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
how did you post my pic? i donno why mine didnt work what do you think I did wrong.. im a new member and not to familiar with posting pics on this site soem help would mbe good i have lots more. to post

fastpakr

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Lima
here is the branger almost done, soon to have a bobbed box(getting painted)been working on it for about 3 weeks now started with a 1989 broncoII and 86 single cab ranger. ill post some of the buildup later.

If you go to your photobucket album, you can then just copy/paste the text next to 'IMG Code' under the picture you want to show here.

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
no comments on my truck? lol

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Jeep
Engine Size
I like it. Alot. You need to hook up with todd and take a look at his b2 type R.... if you just put some shackles on the rear both tires would have had traction in that shot..

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
Todds b2R inspired me to build this truck. i followed his buildup closely while changing a few things. this is accually my 2nd "Branger" ive built since i seen the picture of his. i have another with a full exo/interior cage, 347 nitrous small block, dana 44/ 9'' custom rear radius/coil spring setup, i race this one in port alberni B.C "Canadian eh". ill post some pics later. the black one im building in that pic will be my new DD/Weekand warrior, i might cage it i might not. i cant wait to see it with the bobbed box. im also thinking about a 1350/1354 doubler setup. any suggestions from someone who runs one? are they worth building and do the custom made shafts really break that easy?.

Last edited:

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
Todds b2R inspired me to build this truck.
Well Im glad I could inspire:derisive:

im also thinking about a 1350/1354 doubler setup. any suggestions from someone who runs one? are they worth building and do the custom made shafts really break that easy?.
Well building it is much cheaper then any kit. Granted I busted my shaft but it was how I busted it that was the main factor. Had the front, "doubler case" in low with the rear "4x4" case in two just romping on it trying to get over a log on a hill climb. Then BOOOOMM.

If you only engage the doubler case with the rear case in low you are putting 2.48 time less load on that shaft. When you run the doubler case without the gear reduction of the rear case is where you get into problems.

Oh, and buy the way nice truck:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
driveshaft tech

Last edited:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
If you can find the bolt on flange from the 1350 side. It uses the same Joint size and the bolt pattern on the flanges match.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
i broke my Doubler shaft the same way Todd did, put the frt case in lo and stock case in 2hi and snap, but i have noticed that my Chain in my Stock case seems pretty stretched..........maybe from the added torque of the doubler??

and sweet RBV's

myself and Holshotracer are in the process of building him a explanger?????

using a four door explorer and a std ranger cab

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I've got an Explorer front shaft as a rear on mine.
As was said, you just need the correct flange adapter (one from the t-case rear output side will fit the 7.5" axle flange).
Make sure that shaft is infact the correct length though (it was 2" too long for my '90's stock wheelbase. Your '89 should have the same trans as mine)

I run a doubler also. Probably the best mod you can do, short of differential lockers.
I built mine using the D.D. Machine kit. It comes with a new chrome-moly coupler shaft. I still am careful not to run the box in LO with the case in HI though.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
I am also running the sploder front shaft as the rear. And its just as simple as others have said, all you need is the four bolt flange from the t case side of the rear shaft.

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
hey guys thanks for the response that helps alot i guess im going to have to buy an explorer rear shaft and get the tcase flange? did i get that right, if thats all then its not a problem. the rig looks alot different now those are old pics it now has a full exo cage, radiator moved to the back,fuel cell, dual exhaust. also waiting on SAS.. lo my D28 just wont break!! i run 33's and beat the hell out of it... HAHA, i will post pictures in 2 weeks when i get home, i work in northern alberta building oil rigs, im currently on the CNRL horizon oil sands project and i stay in camp here for 20 days at a time. oh and junkie the shaft has already been shortend 1-1/4'' i have the Fm146 tranny, but im going to order the DD doubler kit so ill proboly cut and shorten it again, thanks for all your help guys as i said when i get home i will post ALOT more pics! :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
update**

hey guys havent posted in a while ive been wokrin so much lately not even enough time to work on the thing. anyways, mugshots.. here they are:

updated specs:
'79 full width d44 5.13 locked, Fox 2.0 air shocks 18'' travel (not yet charged)
'81 9'' Ford 5.13 Welded, Belltechs , Ex leafs, (temp) 4'' alum blocks. disc conversio in th making. well long story short my wheels wont fit so i have to have the caliper machined down and get a rins with less backspace:sad: because i already have them here with my new 37'' boggers and now ihave to wait for new ones to come. ive been waitin since Dec.18. lol sometimes i hate christmas. oh yah i extended the radius arms and put 1'' heims at the end and custom made some drop brackets.

Branger2B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Vehicle
ford
heres a few more older pictures when i accually daily drove the thing.