•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 front seats

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys I'm stripping the inside of my bronco 2 to save weight up top. While I'm at it my bucket seat is broken and I'd like to have bench seats anyway. Does anyone know what bench seat swaps over?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Well a ranger bench is the right overall size. But you will loose access to the back seat area . . all though that may not be important to you. You could also use a Ranger 60/40 which would be like a bench, but possibly you could find a way to use the Bronco tracks so you could still lift the passenger seat out of the way. In anyway, though, the trans will have to be modified to work, but the Ranger seats are the right size.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
What do you mean the trans will have to be modified to work.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The transmission (or the tunnel) will require no modification.

If you can find a decent set of 60/40 split seats the seat frames will bolt right on to the existing tracks so you can take them out of any Ranger/BroncoII up to 1992 and any Explorer up to 94.

What color do you have, what condition, and where are they? If everything is right I have a split bench from my BII that I would trade.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
They are red and the drivers seat is actually half broken. The upholstery is okay. But the frame of the drivers seat is broke somewhere. Man I wish they were in good shape, so I could trade but I don't want to trade someone defective equipment

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have access to tons of frames.

Too bad they are red. I need blue. I have a set of red cloth 60/40s but the upholstery is in less than perfect shape after being stored in the basement and then the garage.

They would probably clean up well enough if you aren't looking to make a show truck of it though.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
It's an off road ATV. The interior that is being stripped us red. I'm in stockbridge ga. Would you be willing to sell? Pics? How much?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I meant to type the "track" would need to be modified.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'll try to get some pics here soon. They are a little buried and I'm sick right now.

I'm not looking to really make any money on them, but shipping to GA might be killer.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yeah. Ok. I'm sure they're too big to go UPS. Last time I checked southeastern freight lines was an 80$ minimum and that was just going to a neighbor state. Sorry you're sick brother, hope you get to feeling better.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I can probably break them down enough to get them sent UPS. If I unbolt the lumbar frames from the cushion frames I can lay the backrest right on the bottom and make them a lot smaller. We UPS parts that size all the time at work. I just don't know what it costs.

I'm sure it will end up being at least 2 boxes though.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
It's cool. Just when you get to feeling better and get a chance click a couple pics of them and we'll go from there. I'm gonna check a salvage yard over here for price and ill take the cheapest option :)
Thanks man.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have sent buckets eats by ups. YOu break them down and package tightly in a box. I also have had seats sent to be via Greyhound, even a desk went that way. You have to go to the bus station, but its more reasonably priced.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I don't think I know of a bus station in my area.

There is one in Williamsport, but I think they only run locally.

Last edited: