•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II Dually?

B288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I've mentioned this in another thread, but i wanted to get a broader opinion on it. so, i want to make my Bronco II into a Dually, adsm08 mentioned an IIRS from a toyota box van would work, because its roughly the right size and mounts ect, but like i said i wanted more opinions on how difficult and how long this would be, if anyone has a rough idea. and roughly how much it would change my mileage and what ever else i would have to replace. trans, transfer case, driveshaft ect.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
A dually B2?! Are you starting a bariatric taxi service or something?

I imagine if you're doing it purely for the wow factor it might be pretty cool. Having just done body work in that area of my B2 I would be concerned about reworking the wheelwells to accept the extra tires, unless that new axle would put them outboard. It's one thing to mod a ranger bed but a whole other thing entirely on a B2. Would you nix the rear seats? Interesting idea for sure.

B288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
i'm no mechanic, but i figure that one tire on each side will protrude from the wheel well, and could cause problems with the body, but if i lift it 4-6 inches or so and possibly trim the fender and make a few adjustments it should work fine...in theory.

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
There is a set of wheels for sale on Kansas City Mo Craigslist. From a Toyota dually, 14" IIRC...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2