•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II lift

BrownBomber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I am starting to fix my 88 up and am looking into lifts. I don't want anything over 4" and planning on doing it myself. What is the best bang for buck lifts for these trucks?

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
What do you plan on using the rig for? How big of tires?

I have had great luck with Duff and wheeled her pretty hard!

inuyasha2875

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
i used a rough country 4 in lift with 32's haven't had any problems with it and the price was good at $440 on ebay

BrownBomber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
What do you plan on using the rig for? How big of tires?

I have had great luck with Duff and wheeled her pretty hard!
I plan on driving it just on weekends when im home and the occasional trip offroad.

And Inuyasha, with your 4" lifts and 32s do you scrub your fenders?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i've got 31's on my b2 and it's stock right now. they rub a tad on the fenders, but not too much. i'm gonna run 32's-34's once i get my 4 inch lift on. we'll see what i can find on craigslist

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Best "bang for the buck" would probably be with a Tuff Country lift (not to be confused with Rough Country).
The TC kit should be fine for the occasional weekend wheeler, though the coils springs it comes with are pretty stiff. TC also gives you two new full-replacement axle brackets (unlike RC) which won't threaten damage to the differential housing when you fully compress the suspension.

Better (a bit more $$$ though) would be the Skyjacker kits, or James Duff. Both have somewhat softer springs and much sturdier brackets if you want to get into the more serious stuff offroad using bigger tires (33"+). Extended radius arms will give you more bind-free suspension travel as well.

BrownBomber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Best "bang for the buck" would probably be with a Tuff Country lift (not to be confused with Rough Country).
The TC kit should be fine for the occasional weekend wheeler, though the coils springs it comes with are pretty stiff. TC also gives you two new full-replacement axle brackets (unlike RC) which won't threaten damage to the differential housing when you fully compress the suspension.

Better (a bit more $$$ though) would be the Skyjacker kits, or James Duff. Both have somewhat softer springs and much sturdier brackets if you want to get into the more serious stuff offroad using bigger tires (33"+). Extended radius arms will give you more bind-free suspension travel as well.
I did some research for the Tuff Country lift and noticed that it is a Ranger lift and on a Bronco II requires Blocks in the rear to make it a level lift. Will there be any other problems I would run into if i choose to go with this lift?

mr. ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I have James duff on my dd ranger and does great on and off road I say go with James duff lift

scionguy3809

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I'm on 35x12.5x15 on 2 inches of lift I got shackles in the rear and coil spacers up front but I'm swapping to xj coils up front but I trim my fenders too thow so it's all up to what u want and how u want to do it

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
I'd recommend against blocks, re-arched leaves and/or shackles will be better, less traction hop.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I did some research for the Tuff Country lift and noticed that it is a Ranger lift and on a Bronco II requires Blocks in the rear to make it a level lift. Will there be any other problems I would run into if i choose to go with this lift?
Should be no problems at all, Bronco II and Ranger lifts are identical (unless a manufacturer decides to include different front coils for the difference in weight... Though few do).

If you had an Explorer, then it would be a different story for the rear.