•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II prerunner?

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
What do you think? Ive seen a couple of pictures floating around, and I like the looks of it. I think I would build mine to be a prerunner, but I live in northern California and there arnt exactly alot of deserts in NorCal.

-Jester

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i think it would look cool and be different. the only prob with the BII's is the short wheel base so when you start to hit some good size whoops you actually start to go inside them and jump them rather than skip across the tops of them if you know what i mean.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Willys,Ford,Jee
I see no real problems with one.granted they are a little short for a ideal race truck,but for a prerunner or multi use platform they can work very well.

IF your in nor.cal, just make sure to build a 4x4 one.starting to see more and more desert type of set ups out on the trail in pics.Thats why I went with a 4x4 this time around. I wanted a multi purpose truck.

yeah I know its a exp. the b2's big brother, but just to show desert trucks can still be trail trucks....

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
Im from Sacramento.

Thats a sweet lookin exploder, just courious how those fiberglass fenders will hold up in the rocks. I have a feeling that the first time they touch a rock they will be ripped to shreads....maybe? anybody make metal flared fenders?

-Jester

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Willys,Ford,Jee
really fiberglass is pretty durable. and has alittle give to it. It will crack or break vs bend and dent like steel.

dont know of anyone that dose fender's in steel.

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
I dont really like the idea of cracking or breaking if I spend $500 on a fender:shok:

What kind of suspension are people running in the B2 for prerunners or multi use trucks? James Duff? Coilovers? Lookin for ideas so I can start building.

-Jester

ckblum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
SOLD
Vehicle
SOLD
Fiberglass is pretty tough, it takes an impact by bending, not just shattering. It bounces if you watch any videos on youtube of desert trucks wiping out. Plus its cheaper to repair (or sometimes buy) a damaged fiberglass fender than to get a metal one fixed. At $300 a pair you can even order single sides at a time.