•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

BTR is Jack Stand Wheelin

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So any progress? I know you got the gears yesterday, maybe I'll stop by later and see what ya got done.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
Got the rear together and under the truck with the tires on it. Almost have the front gears set. Need to dick with them a little more to get it right. After the front gears are set the rest of the 44 knuckle swap will be compleated. Hope to have it done by this weekend.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
The front gears are set up and the third member is bolted to the beam. With the beams out of the truck I have begun to mock up the 44 knuckles. After my first test fit after reaming the beams I knew I had to do some clearance of the 35 beam to have enough clearance for the 44 upper ball joint. Got one of the beams clearance last night but stopped as I don’t have a camera to take pics anymore. So I stopped in order to get full photo documentation of the process. After I get the other beam ground I should be able to slap the rest of this together quickly.

84EB

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Awesome work. So how much wider will this make the front? If any wider at all.

On the tierod, did you just use that same tool to ream the knuckle for the tierod? Wouldn't that leave the hole to big at the bottom where the nut goes?

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Awesome work. So how much wider will this make the front? If any wider at all.
?

It probably won't make it any wider. But, now since he won't have crappy wheel bearing spacing he can run a big offset wheel and even some spacers to get more width out of the front end.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
Sup Evan, long time no talk or see man. You need to get your ass up here to do some wheelin.

Well, she lives. Still need to finish up the brakes as there is a leak at the caliper as well as finish up the toe and camber then its all done.

And it is wider I would say by just looking at it 1-2" on each side. It looks damn sweet. Pics and writeup to come.

On the tierod, did you just use that same tool to ream the knuckle for the tierod? Wouldn't that leave the hole to big at the bottom where the nut goes?
The same ream was used yes.

Last edited:

84EB

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well this is awesome. I have been thinking about this and was going to do a little research in the moog book and at the parts store, but PARKINGLOT pointed me towards this thread. So now all I've got to do is gather the parts and find a ream and I'll be ready to go to work.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
She is all done sitting out in Painsdale at a buddys house ready to wheel. Going to do some scouting of a new trail for the club to run this weekend. No class today therefore Im wheelin all day.

Have pics of the knuckle swap on my g/f’s camera but don’t have the cable to get them off. Will be posting some of them up later as well as wheelin pics from today.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
Holy wa, feels like my engine woke up!!!!!!!!!!

This 44 knuckle swap seems to be sweet as well. The brakes stop the 35's way better, and I like having 9/10th turn hubs.

Still need to get pics up. Havent had time. Well Im off to do some more wheelin. Put about 7 hours in yesterday hopin for about that much again today.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
Can't wait to see the pics, this has been something that has interested me for a long time now!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
amzing the difference in jumping into different gears makes eh. I went from 3.73 to 4.88 and it was like WOW i have a 4th and 5th gear and can use 4 hi. With 3.73 gears those were all forgotten

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
i'm a few welds, and brake lines away from having my new rear axle in.. i'm on 33's with the 5spd auto and going 3.27-> 4.56!!! i can barely imagine how awesome its going to be...

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
A quick writeup a through together.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321854/9

Me and my buddys rigs. Notice the new hood art:rolleyes: and real hubs:icon_thumby:

One pic from the scouting we did. Found a really good trail Im going to have the club run this weekend. 35's and up with one locker, 33's locked locked. Pics will come:D

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I am definatly likin the hood ornament, adds a nice touch to the bIIr