•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Build idea - Bronco II

BroncoDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Ok so I bought an 88 BII a while back with the intentions of doing a 4.0 swap. The more I've gotten into it the more I've decided to do to it. Since this is going to be a long term project I bought a 99 F150 4x4 reg cab/bed with the 4.2L OHV motor. The truck runs good and the driveline is good but the body has rust. So I got to thinking... instead of putting the 4.0L in why not swap the 4.2L over when the time comes. And that got me thinking, can I move the axles and 4x4 gear over? :icon_welder:

My ultimate goal is for the BII to be my beach buggy but it has to be street legal. I realize there would be fabrication involved but is it realistic keeping my goals in mind. Advice appreciated...

-Daniel

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
When I was thinking that way I went under the pickup measured the drive train.Front of motor to the end of transfer case and if I remember right the pickup was a foot longer. A v6 setup might be different you can't cut the rear drive line much on a b2

BroncoDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
When I was thinking that way I went under the pickup measured the drive train.Front of motor to the end of transfer case and if I remember right the pickup was a foot longer. A v6 setup might be different you can't cut the rear drive line much on a b2
Yea I don't have the BII near me right now but I started thinking the truck may just be too big.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Why don't u just cut the frame down to fit. Shorten the wheelbase and put ur B2 body on top of it.