•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Car Alarms

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford Bronco II
I'm needing to get a car alarm, not wanting to spend a ton of money on it.

All I need is something that will sound an alarm if someone breaks into the vehicle when the alarm is on.
I don't care about automatic starting the car with remote, locking the windows or doors, if the car is actually stolen it shuts it off down the road, just something that if it's on and someone get's in somehow, it sounds an alarm. Obviously a remote would be required to turn it on and off, not really interested in two way communication between the two but I would consider it.

Anyone have a suggestion? Please no Viper units, they are out of my price range.

Stxrangerbumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009 / 1993
Vehicle
B2300 / f250HD
Engine Size
v6 3.0L/ 7.3L
then, not put on your bronco, nobody want stole the car, sounds like a bit old and crapy for them but good for us,,, hahaha

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford Bronco II
Not worried about the Bronco being stolen smarta$$, just what's in it.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
honestly you get what you pay for.. i looked at a lot of cheaper units before i purchased mine.. i ended up w/ a viper.. b/c for the money it had the most offers and the options to add on remote smart and all that later to my current alarm.

are you gonna install it yourself? or have it done? you can get cheap alarms off eBay that are a basic alarm. one of my friends bought one for an old silverado just to try it out.
he had a $40 crimestopper, he's had it almost 2 year still works great

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRIMESTOPPER-SP-101-CAR-ALARM-SYSTEM-KEYLESS-ENTRY-/280658295337?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415889ba29#ht_1627wt_905

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
I have two Autopage alarms/remote start and I do like them. The one in my 98 Mercury has been in there 11-years and it been 100% trouble free. My 2010 Toyota also has an Autopage in it

Autopage prices seem to be reasonable. How about the RF-225a. Thats pretty basic

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford Bronco II
I'm really not interested in remote start or anything to do with shutting the vehicle off if stolen, or power door locks, etc...

I will be installing it myself

I'm not having a problem with people stealing the vehicle, just what's in it.

we have alot of crimes going on right now where someone is breaking into vehicles and stealing stereos, breaking into glove boxes, stealing whatever.

They got my softtop on my jeep one night, came back within a few weeks and got the the rear window. Came back again, I caught them in the act and chased the f#%@*r's as far as I could until they jumped in a parked car and took off. I even jumped in my jeep and went after them, but couldn't keep up (shoulda jumped in my ranger!)

Anyway, I want something to put in both my Wrangler and my Bronco 2.

Just something that goes off if anyone decides to come back and break in.
The Jeep would be tough due to the softtop and it has a sentry key, I want something that goes off if anyone comes near it. there is nothing in it worth stealing but the tops are an expensive replacement. I live out in the country so once it's armed, nothin should come near it until the next morning.

The bronco.... a little easier, if anyone gains access while it's armed I want it to scream to high heaven. same thing, at night , once parked, it sits until next morning. But it is parked in a parking lot all day that has had multiple thefts...

I'm looking on ebay but I'm overwelmed with all the types, features, prices.

I don't mind getting one with all the features, I just don't want to use them and I don't know if they are required to be hooked up for everything to work correctly.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
You might want to think about one with 2-way because if the Jeep or Bronco or whatever is outside, you're inside.. Maybe you're listening to music or something and you can't hear the alarm going off, or you're like me where you tune it out. The remote will beep or vibrate, depending on setting to let you know your alarm is going off.

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I've had great luck with my Viper's I've owned. I recently put a Code Alarm in my Ranger which is also a great alarm. I know a guy who just got an Autopage, and I think I might be pulling the Viper out of my Mustang in favor of one of their 2 way systems.

I don't know if you've looked into wiring info, but these guys in the link below have your wiring all figured out for you. It saved me a lot of time when I put the alarm and power locks in my Ranger.

http://www.the12volt.com/

EDIT: Here's a direct link to the info you'll want:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/811.html

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
on the jeep you need a good alarm. w/ proximity and all..

don't get overwhelmed. just dig out the info you want!