•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Cargo storage ideas?

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I want some ideas from you guys about how you store and organize your emergency gear in your Bronco II's. I want something that can be placed in the trunk area. Do you guys have any ideas? I would appreciate your ideas.

Last edited:

recklessabandonman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
I have two plastic folding boxes that fit nice behind the back seat. I put fluids and jumper cables in one, and random stuff in the other. Maybe in the side compartments in the back seat?

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
I'm rather partial to a rectangular Milk Crate with a cardboard "orange crate"
(an 11x11x17" "slip top" cardboard box) as a liner to keep small stuff from falling out.

Typically for tools and such I insert the inner part of the box "backwards"
into the box top so as to create "double layer" box, but for my emergency
spares kit (alternator, starter, coil pack, EDIS module, Crank pickup,
spark wires, PCM, and spare Belts (both A/C and Non-A/C)) the box is
assembled normally and put inside a milk crate to make it easier to pick
the heavy bitch up.

You can pack an amazing ammount of stuff into a milk crate.

AD

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
MAZDA
Engine Size
4.0L
I have a rubbermaid container with emergency gear, and then my tool box in my truck.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I know it's not for every body but I took out the rear seats and put in a piece of plywood that covers the whole back end.Took a bunch of measurements cut out the plywood to fit the bottom all around.If you look at the bottom of the back end it has a drop at the back of the seats.I put a hinge right there and cut the plywood.So it hinged and lifted it up like a lid right there.Put in a brace to the floor to keep from hyper extending the hinge set up.So now when you look behind the drivers seat it's flat clear to the back hatch which is nice and clean.Then when you lift the front of the board behind the seat it hinges up and in the empty space I keep some tools,winch bag,air compressor,chains and tree strap out of the way.Covered the whole thing with indoor outdoor carpet.Works really good for my dogs and if I go to carry things works real good.If you need seating for four not a very good idea.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I really like the spare parts mounted to the roll bar clean and safe.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just have a ranger, but i just let things roll around in the back seat. my dad uses a rubbermaid 25 gal container in his explorer. keeps tow straps, few chains, jumper cables, emergency shovel, 4-way bar, etc in it

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Old Military communications box painted to match the truck.

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
MAZDA
Engine Size
4.0L
Old Military communications box painted to match the truck.

Nice, the Princess Auto in my town had some rocket boxs that would've worked nicely, but I wasn't quick enough. Damn!:icon_twisted:

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Thanks for the great ideas. The post pertaining to the Bass Pro shop Plano storage box caught my eye. Using a simple rubbermaid storage box is interesting also. I like the idea of anchoring down the storage box. Although I hate the idea of drilling into the floor pan for an anchoring point. Keep the post coming as I am always interested to see what you guys have done.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I have a rubbermade tote box with a locking lid. I have a sling strap that I use to keep it snug to the back of the rear seat. I don't have mine bolted down because I use the cargo area frequently and I fold the rear seats down for the flat cargo area.

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
mine i made a custom panel for the tail gate that had speakers in it and it opened like a giant overhead glove box, i fit jumper cables, fire ext., tools, other odds and ends in there. the bitch is making it and fabbing dual lift gate shocks to hold the extra weight but it looked great and worked great.

detty_motorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1992
Vehicle
ford/ford
Engine Size
i have a storage system.... it consists of a dog box.....i rabbit hunt a lot.... the thing was like a chinese puzzle when i put it in my b2...but i dont think its gonna be in there for long because it takes up too much room

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
I simply use different color painted ammo cans. The green one is wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and the pipe wrench. The white one is 1/2" drive stuff, while the big British box is the general/too long box. Offroad stuff is in a hanging "cargo net" that I took from a minivan and installed in the BII. Spare belts, voltage reg., and other assorted things are in the rear side cubbie box. Oh yeah. There is also a rubber backed trunkmat from a Caddie on the floor to help save the carpet, and give me something to lay on other than the ground ( or mud ).