•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Clutch/Clutch Pedal Problem?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ive been driving my B2 recently. Its the manual 5 speed and when I shift and release the clutch, it seems to slip a little bit and not engage when I let out the clutch. Is this a worn clutch?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sure sounds like a worn out clutch disc or weak pressure plate. Either way the parts you need to buy are the same since I haven't even seen a clutch or pressure plate for sale without the other.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sure sounds like a worn out clutch disc or weak pressure plate. Either way the parts you need to buy are the same since I haven't even seen a clutch or pressure plate for sale without the other.
I agree with you on the disk and the pressure plate, but i can only find the clutch disk, but no pressure plate? Ive checked on autozone's and napa's online store and only just the clutch disk.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
You most likely have to buy the clutch kit. You really need the clutch alignment tool as well from what I've heard, or you'll spend hours on end trying to get it back together.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Centerforce clutch parts are sold separately. And their pressure plate works fairly well with a stock disc.
I had a PP go bad on a new clutch with no warranty, decided it was due for an upgrade.