•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Got valve covers back on. Tried to remove the oil pan, but there is one bolt I couldnt quite figure out. Ill tackle it tomorrow.

And btw I freaking hate exhaust bolts. Anyone have some tips for me for removal? I started to strip 2 on the head, so I tried removing the y pipe and broke one off in one of the manifolds.

Rick, I am not sure what to ask for it. I know what the junkyard wants for them.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
be ready for broken bolts in the head, ill probably put money on it that one or two will break. they suck....i got lucky when i did my headers and only 3 upper driver side bolts broke where you can drill through and put a bolt in with a nut on the back

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i had no problem getting the bolts out of the head when i stripped the heads off for Josh.......

l8r, John

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well now I have to go to 3rd shift for 2 weeks starting this Sun night to train a new guy. Guess I am going to have to pull an all-nighter Sat night to get ready for it. May go ahead and pull the 2.9 this weekend now.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
you wanna have a "swap party" after all????

l8r, John

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I still have to work Sat morning. Then go in Sun night. I dont think Katie would be too happy with a bunch of people hanging out making noise while she is trying to sleep. We'll see. You are welcome to come up for the afternoon, but I haven't decided yet if I want to start the swap. I am going to wait till the motor is ready to drop in and it still needs a few things.

I finally got the exhaust manifolds off today. Broke one bolt, but its fixable. Better than dealing with the broken one that connects the Y pipe. Still haven't gotten my oil pan off. And I had planned on going to the u-pull today to get a power steering pump, and a sensor I broke, but since it is pouring I decided against it.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Made it to the u-pull and got my $10 PS pump installed. Also got the oil pan gasket, thermostat, and spark plugs done. Also drilled out the exhaust bolt and welded a nut on the back. Motor is now ready to drop in. Just need to pull the harness from the Ex and work on the 2.9 will begin.

The only thing I still need to figure out is the fuel lines. I know they are not supposed to match up, but I cant find any real info on what to replace them with.

I think these were due for a change

Coppers FTW!

Last edited:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice. I bet it ran great with them. Thats what you get for buying Walmart plugs.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
get r dun....youll like all the torque

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Something weird I noticed tonight. Look at these manifolds. They are both pass side 4.0 manifolds, but look at the size of the ports. The one on the left is from my donor and the right is from railman off his hydrolocked motor.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
that is interesting, never knew there was a difference

ill see if i can find a pic of mine that i pulled off

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
let us know how easy it goes for all us people wanting to do the same thing. good luck!

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
you do realize its after midnight right??? lol..

when i did my 4.0 swap, i had the cops called on me for working with air tools at 2 in the morning.. Oops.. :icon_rofl:
i was up almost all weekend working on that, cussing at the making 1 wiring harness out of 2.. :shok:

but looks good. its amazing how well the 4.0 sits on the same motor mounts and all.. it looks like its meant to go there. drives like it to!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Lol yeah. I am doing an all nighter tonight to adjust to 3rd shift. Start that tomorrow for 2 weeks to train a new guy. And no air tools are being used tonight. And I have the advantage of having a 2nd gen so no dash swappin for me.