•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Duraspark Conversion

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Ok...I'm getting parts ready...on the hunt for a Holley 350 (prolly get it from Summit Racing) - is it better than the 2150 or just the same, different name? I don't want to have to change out venturii's or whatever you guys have to do to swap jets, etc...

Looking for as much plug n play as I can...

Will follow the TRS forum write up and purchase the parts, but has anyone bought and used the autozone duraspark conversion? Painless Wiring/Duraspark II ignition harness converts old points Ford ignition to duraspark II electronic ignition http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Painless-Wiring-Duraspark-II-ignition-harness-converts-old-points-Ford-ignition-to-duraspark-II-electronic-ignition/_/N-25po?itemIdentifier=841834_0_0_

If I can thow on a carb, plug n play this harness and the other do-dads...can't be so bad.

Also, since I'm a manual transmission - any of that toggle switch or all that confusing piece mean anything to me? I've got 5 speed (4 with OD manual tranny)?

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Autoline Remanufactured Carburetor
Be the first to review

Part No.
C8072

So, if I buy this carb - I should be good to go on jets (no need to change etc and it's for a manual)?

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see someone post a write up using that conversion harness.

No, the toggle switch info doesn't apply to you.

Do you have a distributor, or are you just buying a new one?

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
I'm going to buy one...suppose I'll go in with parts list and start picking up parts until I get them all.

Went last night and did some price checking/shopping at autozone to compare to rockauto - try to use rockauto when I can...