•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Eec

DonH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
I am new here but not new to Broncos. I have had two EB's and now have my third BII. I am salvaging a 1988 that had extreme engine harness trauma. The PO had haywired it to get it to run. He told me the wires got caught in the steering shaft and pulled every thing loose. I looked at the wire mess for a couple of days and decided to install a replacement wire harness. I found a 1988 donner and begin pulling wire. Well after it is in my 88 BII and most functions are working. I have one problem that I am trouble with. When I place the positive lead on the batterie the fuel pumps starts for two seconds and shuts off as it should when the ignition switch is turned on but it is off. The engine will start and run with the EEC relay pulled.
The ECC must be getting power from some where and I can not track it down. There is a one amp draw with the batterie hooked up so the problem has to be solved. Someone here have any idea where I should look?

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Have you looked at wiring diagrams to see what all you're working with?

A good source is:

http://arrc.ebscohost.com/

The username and password is both tech

Once logged in, scroll down to 'Auto Repair Reference Center'. You can enter the vehicle information and pull up diagrams.