•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Exhaust Kit

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Is there a complete exhaust kit out there that would go from the headers all the way back including the Cat/muffler? Since mine is almost straight piped and eventually plan on returning the vehicle to original close to factory condition what's the best route I should take yeah I know replace the exhaust system, but is there a complete exhaust available or something a shop would be able to easily fix? I bought the B2 with a 3' section of pipe welded in place of the Cat then a muffler behind that. So the exhaust/muffler is right below the passenger seat area. I know it has an exhaust leak at the headers or that area anyways so anyone here exhaust system savvy that knows an approximate cost?

Yeah, yeah, should have said better things in the exhaust thread but, anyhow.....

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well, I dunno about headers or manifolds, try Summit if you want real headers and not factory manifolds.

OEM style direct fit cats, mufflers and tail pipe/resonator pipes can be had just about anywhere. I'd start at Napa.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Well, I dunno about headers or manifolds, try Summit if you want real headers and not factory manifolds.

OEM style direct fit cats, mufflers and tail pipe/resonator pipes can be had just about anywhere. I'd start at Napa.
Thanks, and sorry for the misguided post in the other Exhaust thread. It does seem like my bronco 2 has more power than my ranger did, but the ranger also had California emissions the B2 doesn't. The B2 also is a M/T the ranger was an auto maybe a difference there too IDK but again sorry for the mess on the other thread. I'm looking at maybe doing the exhaust here this spring, kind of want to get money saved up for tires as they are kind of splitting apart from the sun. I live in an area where there isn't any emissions testing or state inspections so the exhaust mess is going to have to wait till spring I think the tire safety is going to have to come first along with shocks for sure.

Thanks again adsm08.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
you can get universal cats on ebay for about $50 each. if you wanna go a little oversized, you might start looking there. ive got a feeling youre gonna have to find the headers you want, find the cats you want and find an exhaust kit all separate, ive never seen anything from head to tailpipe all in one kit.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I'm thinking the same. Hell the poor B2 is already pieced together thanks to the PO's complete neglect and lack of any vehicle knowledge at all. I'm not a mechanic or body person and don't claim to be, but I at least know where to stop and call a professional. I will try and get a current exhaust picture up for everyone to laugh at. I swear the pipe that is welded in place of the Cat looks like a piece of a fence post for a chain link fence. The welding job is definitely not professional so it definitely tells me the PO got a bit happy with a sawzall.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You want to talk about sad exhaust jobs?

The guy I bought my B2 from said he had $1200 worth of exhaust work done in the last year or so, had receipts in the glove box. When I took it apart to put a clutch in, it was a cobbled up mess. The front flange of the cat was original. Looked like the cat it self was from a Jeep.

I went to Napa, ordered about $400 of parts and put the exhaust back to stock.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Haha, must have been a friday evening closing shift exhaust job LOL. I don't understand why people do that stuff, it ends up costing more in the long run, what's even funnier is I have another length of exhaust pipe and another muffler I have no clue what they were trying to do.

Gotta_gofast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Six 1.5" pipes straight through the hood. You can even get fancy and slash cut them!

Serious note- the manual transmissions in a small vehicle like these feels like an extra 20hp compared to an auto. The autos are sloppy power robbing failures named A4LD.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yup. You've heard of an "auto-magic" transmission?

These are "auto-tragic".

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Six 1.5" pipes straight through the hood. You can even get fancy and slash cut them!

Serious note- the manual transmissions in a small vehicle like these feels like an extra 20hp compared to an auto. The autos are sloppy power robbing failures named A4LD.
Hmm, you mean the C5 automatic LOL, I have an 84 Bronco 2 glad I got the 5 speed, although the 84 ranger I had with the automatic wasn't bad well at least until the local retards at the so called certified ford garage messed with it, after that it never ran right and sadly I sold it, but it was also 2WD, and I got a 4WD by getting the bronco 2. I hate the A4LD piles of crap, 93 ranger lost 2 of those then got rid of the ranger after the last one let the new owner figure out what to do with it.

I think the exhaust will be a shop project for the local muffler shop by the looks of the mess its going to be a PITA as half of everything is rusted all to hell. Kind of wondering if this vehicle came from a state that uses salt on the roads.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Ok, here's the picture of the exhaust on the B2 currently.

Here's a picture of hanging wires I can't figure out where they go can't find anything they plug into and they don't connect together. I tucked them back up into the area around the T-case for now.

Gotta_gofast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Hmm, you mean the C5 automatic LOL, I have an 84 Bronco 2 glad I got the 5 speed, although the 84 ranger I had with the automatic wasn't bad well at least until the local retards at the so called certified ford garage messed with it, after that it never ran right and sadly I sold it, but it was also 2WD, and I got a 4WD by getting the bronco 2. I hate the A4LD piles of crap, 93 ranger lost 2 of those then got rid of the ranger after the last one let the new owner figure out what to do with it.

I think the exhaust will be a shop project for the local muffler shop by the looks of the mess its going to be a PITA as half of everything is rusted all to hell. Kind of wondering if this vehicle came from a state that uses salt on the roads.
Oh wow, you're headed WAY back!

In my area, the quality of service between exhaust shops ranges from neat welds and even cold-galv the welds for rust protection.... to bird-shit welds and dual exhaust that aren't even symetrical. While I understand its not a race car, its still good to find a shop that will use mandrel bends or atleast bends! A friend made his own exhaust for his 5.9L cummins out of 5" tube he had. Only, he couldn't bend it so he welded two angle cuts together to make the turns! haha

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
For that wire, do you have an auto tcase? I know mine was hanging down until I ziptied it up to the frame until I swapped a 1354M and found that it plugged right in and worked the 4x4 light that never worked previously on the dash.

Last edited:

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks like you need a Y-pipe too. Looks like yours has a hole in it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
For that wire, do you have an auto tcase? I know mine was hanging down until I ziptied it up to the frame until I swapped a 1354M and found that it plugged right in and worked the 4x4 light that never worked previously on the dash.
No electronic T-Case, its all manual, manual t-case manual hubs. The 4x4 light comes on when the t-case is engaged so I haven't the slightest clue on those wires apparently they aren't important enough to worry about because the truck runs with them dangling like that LOL.

Looks like you need a Y-pipe too. Looks like yours has a hole in it.
Yeah the Y-Pipe back is a mess for sure. I think it was welded on by the PO no shop involved or at least I wouldn't think so since the Cat was removed. As I understand a shop couldn't lawfully remove the Cat like this, am I correct on that?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The wires look like the speed sensor plug, which would only have been used if the vehicle had cruise up to 87.

And no, a shop cannot lawfully remove a cat and could be subject to large fines if caught.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Ok, thanks, I think I'm finding some nightmarish issues as in when I got the bronco 2 there was a spare carburetor in the back along with another exhaust pipe/muffler. After looking closely at the carburetor and now finding evidence of moisture in the engine oil I think this vehicle was under water at some point or was driven offroad and took in a bunch of water the old carburetor valve body is rusted closed on the bottom.

As far as the engine now it runs very well but I'm still finding moisture in the oil. What do I need to do to fix that?

Going to the exhaust shop for a quote after the holidays to get this thing put back together in the exhaust world at least.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Ok, thanks, I think I'm finding some nightmarish issues as in when I got the bronco 2 there was a spare carburetor in the back along with another exhaust pipe/muffler. After looking closely at the carburetor and now finding evidence of moisture in the engine oil I think this vehicle was under water at some point or was driven offroad and took in a bunch of water the old carburetor valve body is rusted closed on the bottom.

As far as the engine now it runs very well but I'm still finding moisture in the oil. What do I need to do to fix that?

Going to the exhaust shop for a quote after the holidays to get this thing put back together in the exhaust world at least.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
You have changed the oil?? If so, you just need to run it, the moisture left will cook out quickly. If you are still having a problem, then the moisture problem is ongoing and not from an isolated time past.