•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Factory Water Temp Gauge

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I took my factory water temp gauge out because the temp gauge in the dash is bad and doesn't work so I installed a sunpro one.

Started the bronco it wont idle starts runs an dies..

Well after a few minutes of tinkering I discover that the factory water temp gauge must be plugged in for it to idle...???

Which leads me to my question.

Can I just leave it plugged up and e-tape an zip tie it back out of the way? Or can I cut the plug off of it an put a butt connector on it?
Just curious what someone else has done or if you've encountered this problem b4 thanks!

Tiny

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
There should be 2 sensors, one is for the computer, one is a sending unit for the gauge.

You have the wrong one.

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well the one that i took out is pretty much directly behind where the thermostat is it has 2 wires coming out of it. theres another sensor to the right of it that has one wire coming from it.
cause I bought a new water temp sensor from autozone an the one they gave me an the one i took out of the truck were the exact same temp sensor...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Climate+Control&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=52-0&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=coolant+sensor&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=15200113&categoryNValue=15299999&fromWhere=&itemId=113-0&displayName=Coolant+Temperature+Sensor&searchText=coolant+sensor

heres a pic of the sensor.

Last edited:

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So wich sensor am I supposed to remove to install my mechnical water temp gauge? The on with one wire or two?