•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fixing the back windows

85b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a 1985 B2 that was recently in an accident, hit my drivers side fender and rear quarter panel just nearly missing my back window (hit the trim), but now when I drive I swear the windows about to pop out. I need help on how to take it out and the best thing to reseal/make it stay in without spending to much. Not sure if its on bolts or glued in.

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
I'm working on an '85 this winter. Those side back windows are GLUED in! It isn't going to pop out, it will shatter first. To get them out I use guitar strings. You have to create a small space between the window and body, thru the bonding agent. Slide a guitar, or piano or whatever string thru the hole and commence with a sawing action. Its slow and tedious, but doable. Good luck!

85b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Because of the accident.. and well my subs the whole bottom of the window is unglued. I was thinking about popping it out and regluing it in, but I'm not sure what to use. Epoxy?

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
The best bet is to use windshield urethane

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

85b

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thank you for the help, gonna take care of it as soon as this frickin cold weather and snow disapear