•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Flipped bii pictures

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
tis a shame, i almost had that happen to me the other day, doin donuts in the sand caught a rut and almost went to the tipping point, honestly my death grip on the wheel probably kept me balanced enough to not fall over lol

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
You might consider taking it to a body shop and seeing how much it would cost to get the roof line straightened out enough to get a new windshield in. Then throw on some new doors, or make half doors out of whats left of the current doors, and throw some 3/4 or 1 ton axles under it and keep it as a toy.

-Jester

hopster

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
whatever you decide keep it aroound you never know what your gonna need. i have 3 flipped rbvs in my backyard they come in very handy sometimes.

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
that's tragic, that is a sweet looking truck, i'm sorry to hear about it, but ranger SVT's got a WICKED idea!

I see a drop-top B2 in the near future :icon_thumby:
SVT
:icon_hornsup::icon_thumby:

That's a real pitty. I too really liked how your truck looked. You weren't hurt were you? Everyone okay? Events like this make me take more care when wheeling. I might be called a wimp to not take the worst loooking trials but I like my BII panels in the stock locations. Oh and a roll cage is DEFINTELY in my future......
agreed! i'll get stuck and have to dig for hours, but i don't ever want to see my ranger on it's roof! a guy was on his way out to a wheeling day that i had planned, never showed up, we carried on without him, saw his posts on the forum when we got home, he had rolled his truck 8 times on the highway, on the way out... his back and neck are messed up, and his hand was outside the truck while it was rolling, got pinched between the door and the ground, he was coherant enough to see that it was outside, while still rolling, and pulled it back in, before it stopped, so as to not get pinned

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Damn sorry about your Bronco 2, glad to hear that no one was hurt to bad.
I was surprised that those hose clamps held up.
Did it roll more than once or was it a flop on the side then on the roof?
I guess you can join the roll over posse now:icon_rofl:
Well what ever your plans are I am sure you will build another cool rig:icon_thumby:

Boggin

Reaction score
another thing, in the first pic it looks like she has hids? if you part it out ill buy those!

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
another thing, in the first pic it looks like she has hids? if you part it out ill buy those!
Just in case they aren't HID's you can get them for our trucks for $30 off ebay. I bought one from them and been working fine for the past 5 months. Just FYI

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.2l manual
chop top/doors and cage... boom great toy still

94 lngbd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Those ones for $30 are only a single filament for low beam only. The dual filament for Hi/Low beam run around $80

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
there is no such thing as a single filament HID, and no such thing as a dual filament HID... they simply don't exist, and honestly 90% of the HID kits are a COMPLETE waste of money, and cause more of a hazard than they help...

HID is not the important part, the important part is the optics, and what style they use, you can throw light one of 2 ways, the first is reflection, like what our trucks use, the second is projection, which is what bimers and such use... projection is MUCH better, and can be done with HID or incandescent (though 90% of them are HID) reflectors can technically be used with hid's but they don't work properly, it is possible to set one up properly (completely custom) but it's not worth it, the reason being, HID doesn't have a filament, they use an arc, like a neon bulb, and the arc is in a much different place than the filament... projector headlights solve this problem because they gather all of the light and throw it into a very spesific beam pattern, you can focus them much better, and have a razor sharp cut off line...

HID's in a stock reflector housing will never focus properly, and never pass an inspection because they are "non focusable" throwing light into the face of oncoming cars, causing a serious traffic hazzard, they do look brighter where you want them to, because they are...

for about 100$ on ebay, you can buy a set of retrofit projectors with HID bulbs, they do not however come with ballasts... these are a full retrofit kit that is more or less plug and play for your truck... you bake the lens apart, install it, and wire it to the ballast that you need to supply, install and you're done...

the hi/low beam function on the HID's are NOT done by a second filament or anything even similar, it's an electro magnet that physically moves the bulb inside the housing, and causes the beam pattern to change slighyly, or in the case of some cars (such as the mini cooper s) they physically move the angle of the projector housings using an electric motor, and in other instances, it will activate 2 additional HID bulbs and projector housings

mini cooper, seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StzToyk5XAQ

please, to any of you thinking about getting HID's for more light, do it the right way, it is much safer, it looks better, and is MUCH more functional, all of that light that was going to the oncoming traffic's face and into the sky, is now pointed exactly where you want it!

if anyone wants more details on it, there's a great thread of someone doing this on a ranger, on another rival ranger forum which i won't name

Last edited:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
U can buy my b2 cab so I can ranger cab/flatbed/ext frame/chevy leaf mine

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Those of you that want more light out of your headlights, go do an experiment with your eyes and light sensitivity. If you have any common sense, you'll figure out that brighter lights do NOT let you see better. They only let you see what is directly in front of you better. I don't even use my high-beams for this very reason, I like to be aware of my surroundings and what's on the road far ahead. Plus, those crappy ass HID kits blind oncoming traffic on anything but perfectly flat roads, there is a reason they are illegal. To all those that have them, I hope you get a nice fat ticket, there is no such thing as a street legal HID kit, no matter what the manufacturer says.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Suzuki,Inf
Engine Size
hammer hammer hammer!

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Oh- and if you claim you need the extra light to drive at night - do the rest of us a favor, and turn in your license or stay the hell off of the roads after dark! Quit trying to kill me!

Boggin

Reaction score
shouldve known the difference of saying that here

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Oh- and if you claim you need the extra light to drive at night - do the rest of us a favor, and turn in your license or stay the hell off of the roads after dark! Quit trying to kill me!
amen.. one of they guys i know said he needed the HID's in his rig b/c of the 35% tint... ONE HIS WINDSHIELD :icon_confused::shok::dunno: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

ANYWAYS....any b2 updates yet? i'm thinking even if the frame is bent some it could make a dedicated trail rig. i'd build it.... trailer it to/from to wheel it.