•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fuel filler hose

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Dropped the tank today to get access to the rear body mounts that I'm replacing. Found that my filler hose is SHOT! The inner hose appears to be ok, haven't really looked at it. But the outer hose is deteriorated bad. What can I use to replace it? Nobody has a replacement that I can find. I was wondering if any of the ranger hoses would work? Has anyone found a direct replacement for an 89 Bronco 2? Or could I just replace the outer hose?

oksleeper

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1985
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4 bangers for now
I've got one out of an 87 I think

XionicWaste

April 2012 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
The outer hose is just for the fume vent and potential overfill. If youre cheap you could just tape the hose with that airduct tape or something that wont break down with gasoline fumes. Honestly electrical tape would probably work but if the hose is trashed a lot may be needed. If its just cracked then use some RTV or an oil resistant glue. Mine was cracked and RTV worked extremely well.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I replaced my fuel filler neck with a Ranger one also (said to fit a longbed truck). The tank end of the Ranger hose was a slight bit larger, but it'll still clamp around the BII tank opening once you tighten down the hose clamp.