•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fuel Neck Filler Hose Help!

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I am ressurection my 86 B2. I dropped the tank ( gas was 3 years old) and had the tank cleaned and bought a new fuel pump/sending unit. but I noticed on the filler hose the smaller hose inside the filler hose it turned it to mush.. I cut off most of it only about 1 1/2" inches.. Now that smaller hose is only about One Inch MAYBE 2 Inches longer than the fatter filler hose. Is that an Issue I need to fix or can i simply just put the filler hose back on and forget about it?

Thanks!
Chaz.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
You really need to find another hose to go inside the neck, otherwise, you may find that you have one heck of a time getting the fuel in the tank without ALOT of "blowback" from the tank. I cut the end of the inner hose off flush with the larger hose on my BII, and it takes for ever to fill the tank now with out getting a "gas bath".

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I think he's saying the inner hose is sticking out an inch past the outer hose inside the tank.

If so, I suspect it'll be ok, however with a little work, a Ranger hose can be adapted to it (new ones for Rangers are all over Ebay for pretty cheap, but I didn't see any for BIIs when I had to replace mine about 2 years ago).

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I think he's saying the inner hose is sticking out an inch past the outer hose inside the tank.

If so, I suspect it'll be ok, however with a little work, a Ranger hose can be adapted to it (new ones for Rangers are all over Ebay for pretty cheap, but I didn't see any for BIIs when I had to replace mine about 2 years ago).
Correct... What is the purpose of that that small hose?

Chaz./

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Correct... What is the purpose of that that small hose?

Chaz./

Don't anyone give me crap if I get this wrong. LOL!

Ok, most cars/trucks when they go to the gas station? The station has a vapor recovery system in place that will actually "Vacuum" the fumes out of your tank as you fill up. You're putting in a liquid....the space fills up...and the vapor has to go out of the tank to make room for the liquid. So they use a smaller rubber hose that the liquid fuel travels down into your tank. The outside of the gas filler neck? Of course has the larger rubber hose that surrounds the smaller hose. The liquid flows down the small hose---the fumes travel up the larger hose. This way you do not risk getting the 'fuel bath' as the flow doesn't get blocked by escaping vapors "Burping" back out the filler neck.

Make Sense? (I hope so. LOL)

S-

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I was told the old Part# was E5TZ-9034-A and it was replaced by E5TZ-9034-B. Filler Neck Supply Co. Says they have these in stock for $69.95 w/ Free shipping. SO im going to order one.

Chaz

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well Phooey!!! They are out of stock now... Does anyone have one for sale??? I took my old one apart and HOW do you get the old inner hose out of the bigger hose with the bends???

Thanks!
Chaz.

Last edited: