•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Got a smile on the freeway this morning

Plummkrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Do you guys as bronco II owners ever get or give like waves and thumbs up when you see other bronco II drivers?

I was on the freeway this morning. It was still dark so you can't make out much but headlights behind you. Then up behind me came the familiar headlight and marker lights of an early 80's Ford truck of some type, then when a car got behind them I could see the outline of their spare tire sticking up on the passengers side. I just smiled. I think its cool that other people are still driving these great old trucks.

Happy Friday,

Jeff

fangotango306

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
the only time i give somebody recognition is if you can tell they put love into their rig. there are tons of 80's/90's trucks running around over here that are just beat to death and to most of the owners its just a cheap vehicle. the people with mods or just a flawless 80's early 90's will get a wave or a conversation at a stop light, and most of them feel the same way. a little love will go along way on an old ford

Plummkrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Agreed. There is this old guy in my neighborhood that own a beautiful 89 ranger. He must wash and wax it all the time. Its cool every time i see him out and about in it.

yeah and then there are the ones like you said that are beat to death and barely street worthy.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Where I live the majority of older and even newer vehicles people just beat the crap out of them so I don't really pay attention to them, even my B2 is in sad condition but none of which was caused by me, just years of neglect by the previous owner(s). Anyhow, yes, I agree recognition should be given to those you see or pass on the road who have taken care of their older trucks and cars. I do get a lot of comments about my B2 though even in the shape its in. I guess its because of the rare color, I have yet to see another one anywhere, even in pictures.

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
I've seen quite a few restored early 80s f150s around here.it's awesome to see. People love their old fords.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
With my BII sporting a '66 grille and my Ranger having a '61 grille . . I get lots of looks and comments. My wife is shocked all the time because of this. These are nothing real special, but I get a lot of interest when I drive them.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Car companies keep trying to come out with new vehicles and new designs. None of which impress me. What impresses me is seeing old classics running around town that people have either properly restored, or driving them around in original condition. The ones I hate are the ones who modify them to non-factory specs putting the wrong engines, transmissions, etc. in them immediately turn me off. Either do the restore correctly or don't bother IMO.

We have Cruise Night in June every year where its all classic cars and trucks its awesome to see the old cars and trucks all the way back to the Model T's, Model A's time frame and I think the cut off is 1984 for classics.

Frank The Tank

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
98 70
Vehicle
Protege' F100-R
Engine Size
1. sumthing 7.3 gasoline
Reply to: wildbill23

Wrong engine and trans? Yiiicckk the worst type of car/truck people... The numbers matching stock restoration or its junk type, makes me sick!

lol

To each their own but I like when people modify their vehicles to do something better than Henry Ford ever dreamed. Plus the modified vehicles drum up interest in the upcoming generations to keep good old vehicles alive in any form.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
At this age a rig is usually either cared for or beat and proof of good durability. I am one to salute any faithful who keep their ride looking A- J squared away.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Reply to: wildbill23

Wrong engine and trans? Yiiicckk the worst type of car/truck people... The numbers matching stock restoration or its junk type, makes me sick!

lol

To each their own but I like when people modify their vehicles to do something better than Henry Ford ever dreamed. Plus the modified vehicles drum up interest in the upcoming generations to keep good old vehicles alive in any form.
More like people putting chevy engines in everything is my biggest complaint. At least if you change engines/transmissions at least stick with the same manufacturer that the vehicle is.

I still want to find a Bronco 2 with a 460 though since the NADA book says that was an engine option.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
One time when I was driving the old Explorer, I saw another identical Explorer sitting at a stop sign, waiting for me to go by. I gave him a thumbs up as I passed, and he waved back.