•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Got my first B2. Advice on upgrades.

brutzuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Howdy :icon_cheers:

Got my first B2. Nice black little guy. I'm a big Suzuki Samurai fan, and when I seen this guy, it was like a big Samurai, I had to get it. It's completely stock, in pretty damn good condition for being in NY. Anyways, it's going to be my daily driver.

Wondering what upgrades ya'll would suggest for a DD? Maybe something for engine to give it little more kick? Suspension advice for little smoother ride? Any cool ideas for the interior?

I seen some of you hack your tops off too, awesome work :icon_thumby: I'll probably be looking into doing that down the road.

Oh, and it has a tranny problem lol. It's acting like its stuck in 2nd/3rd. When it's off it won't shift at all. When on it is in neutral but acts like it's in 2nd. and won't let me shift out. I can do like 17mph with it screamin at 3k lol. Broken lever i hope?

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
for the motor, the 2.9 is useless for putting money into. drop a 4.0 in it and be done. trust me, been there and done that. i put headers and cam and intake and stuff on my 2.9 and it still didn't get what the 4.0 offers stock.

on suspension-- explorer axles. w/ some good springs and shocks. get something softer than stock.

on the interior, bucket seats w/ center console, good radio, speakers.. clean it up real good. that's all i ever did. and painted my dash face black... look at my build thread if you wanna look at a long simple b2 build lol

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
Howdy :icon_cheers:

Got my first B2. Nice black little guy. I'm a big Suzuki Samurai fan, and when I seen this guy, it was like a big Samurai, I had to get it. It's completely stock, in pretty damn good condition for being in NY. Anyways, it's going to be my daily driver.

Wondering what upgrades ya'll would suggest for a DD? Maybe something for engine to give it little more kick? Suspension advice for little smoother ride? Any cool ideas for the interior?

I seen some of you hack your tops off too, awesome work :icon_thumby: I'll probably be looking into doing that down the road.

Oh, and it has a tranny problem lol. It's acting like its stuck in 2nd/3rd. When it's off it won't shift at all. When on it is in neutral but acts like it's in 2nd. and won't let me shift out. I can do like 17mph with it screamin at 3k lol. Broken lever i hope?
Do this:

I DD this pig, no regrets.:icon_twisted:

-Jester

RICO9

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Vehicle
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Do this:

I DD this pig, no regrets.:icon_twisted:

-Jester
i've noticed that you can't resist posting pics of your rig.... which is fine with me! aw hell, i'll post one of mine too! :D

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
ok... i feel left out now, but uhh... do better than this lol.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Hahahahahaha repped!

brutzuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
3 and a half hours and I get 9 replies. Why the f*ck didn't I come to this bronco forum first. You guys rock lol.

Ric, I read your entire build when I read the cut off thread, basically I'm totally jealous and hate you. Ok joking about the jealous part ;)

Sorry to the pig fellas but I've been there done that and NOT goin down the road again. This time I ain't liftin nothin, or if anything just a couple inches. What's MPG like with the 4.0?

4.0B2, definitely up my alley. Lovin that, bout to read your build after this post.

Anyone got any idea bout my shifting problem? Ring any bells? I did a search through here and read through like 12 pages, one guy seemed to have a similar sit-che-ation. His was in neutral and acting and driving like it was in a gear as well, his ended up being pins or somethin not lined up. Hope that's my problem too.

And yeah I'll snap pics tomo for ya'll to see.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Basically my build so far is explorer drivetrain. RC 4" lift. Procomp wheels. Firestone at's. Radio stuff. Cleaned up interior. Lots of bs. A few issues of mechanical stuff. Some ttb tech for my upcoming axle swaps. More BS... And some pics!!! Lol.

Ummmm. I think that about covers it. Except when I thought about my Dana 30 sas. It's a very simple build. Mainly a daily driver slight trail rig.