•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

hazard flasher wont work

lmtpop

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
having to track down electrical issues after the duraspark conversion, ignition switch quit working, car would crank but had no turn signals, replaced the switch and have turn signals but no hazards. there does not seem to be a separate relay flasher all the books say it is on the back of the fuse panel but not on my 84. anyone know if there is a separate flasher or are the wired into the same relay? thanks. the duraspark performs just as advertised. new exhaust coming next week.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
There should be a separate flasher relay directly opposite the one for the turn signals on the back side of the fuse block.

Like so:

That's an 80 or 90 something or other. I don't remember what it came out of anymore. Too many harnesses around.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Did it fall out? Mine is on the back of the fuse panel in my 84 Bronco 2, and was in the same place in my 84 Ford Ranger as well.

lmtpop

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
ended up replacing the ignition switch, that fixed some other key on problems. i will see if the extra flasher relay will plug into the rear face. i did not think about it simply being missing.

lmtpop

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
yep, looked at the back and sure enough there were 2 open slots for the relay, duh. installed new one problem solved. thanks for the picture. i looked and the back a dozen times and never recognized the open slots until i saw the picture.