•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hello! Just got my first Bronco II!

Shadow Convoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/1996/1988/
Hello. i just got my first Bronco II last week. It is a 1988 XLT 4x4. She may not win any beauty contest but she is beautiful to me. It had been parked for about 2-4 years so the paint is shot but the owner had gotten her back roadworthy. I've been driving it daily and working out the gremlins for the past week. Bought it for $900! The 4x4 and everything works including the A/C! When it bought it all my wife could say were comments like "Well whatever makes you happy, baby. " and "So long as you are happy with it." LOL (Keep mind her last two SUVs were my 1999 Eddie Bauer Explorer and now she drives a 2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4x4 that she just got a few weeks ago so her tastes are set pretty high.lol)

The Good:
1. Engine runs strong and quiet, no pings, rattles, ect.
2. Working A/C
3. Great interior. Only the ususal wear on teh driver seat but the passenger and rear seats are near perfect. Rare for cloth seats.

The Bad
1. Tranny shifts good, in fact perfectly fine, but has this kind of greyhound bus droning sound. Yeah it's an automatic and i want to keep it that way. i know I am asking for trouble but my other daily driver is a 5 speed Wrangler. It'a nice to have the option to not shift once in a while and still drive a rugged 4x4.)
3. Alternator. If you have read my last post I just learned yesterday the alternator is going out. But that at least that is an easy fix.

2. Paint. The paint is shot and there a couple of dents on the driver's side but but nothing major.

3.A/C pressure switch. The A/C works but the previous owner bypassed the pressure switch with a jumper wire. I don't run it long though for fear of ruining the compressor. Besides I am used to driving a wrangler so i don't need it most of the time anyway, cept when i have the kids with me and i run it for their comfort.

But warts and all I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Attachments

Last edited:

fords17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90 and 88
Vehicle
ford
I don't like those rims. I'm not sure what ford was thinking there. Sweet deal though.

Shadow Convoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/1996/1988/
Thanks. Yeah, I'll admit I hate them too. I think they are some of, if not the, ugliest rims to ever come out of the Ford plant. I plan to swap them out with some reversed 15x8 or 15x10 black steel wheels.

werx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I just got one also, with a lot of miles I'm sure, I don't know if it's 128k, 228k, or 328k, but I'm pretty damn impressed with these cars. The only weakness on my mine is kind of week brakes compared to my other cars. But damn fine vehicle for the price.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Great deal!

Many folks love those rims (my brother thinks they're the best); some days I like them and some not as much but there is one near me that has them and they look great (he has restored his and they look good).

As far as that hood - get some sanding done, primer it and throw a rattle can on it until you get it painted or leave it in primer - problem solved.

Enjoy the ride! Love these Bronco II's!:icon_hornsup:

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Good deal. Hopefully the trans or torque convertor isn't on its way out.

blidtoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Have Fun

Projects like this, allows both giving, and sharing. I have been thru it and Loved, made our marriage stronger.
ENJOY
:yahoo:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I don't like those rims. I'm not sure what ford was thinking there. Sweet deal though.
Who cares, at least they match unlike mine LOL.