•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Installed lift & alignment shop can't align wheels

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a 1988 Ford Bronco II and recently just installed a 2" Skyjacker suspension lift that involved two front springs and shocks and an add a leaf for the rear. My front wheels on the Bronco are now toeing in quite a bit so I took it in to get it aligned and the shop told me they can't align it because the camber is already as far in as it will go?? I obviously can't leave it like this as it will eat my tires up so what is the solution for this?

Daringo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Tell them to eat it. You can get new, adjustable camber bushings. OH, CRAZY. They're an alignment place, they should know that.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I would ask them about an adjustable caster camber kit.The one that I bought came from the local parts house no big deal.The adjustable bushings are good to about 3degrees which is about what it took to get them straight.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If they can aligin it with adjustable camber bushings(whick they should be able to do with just 2in lift coils) then you would have to ge a drop pitman arm and the other brackets that are normaly in a lift.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Get your self some of these and take them to the alignment shop. Then go out there and punch the stupid little 17 year old idiots right in the mouth, as they clearly don't know what the fawk they are doing.

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Look in the yellow page s for a shop that speciallize in lifted trucks. Most shops know just the OEM specs

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Not all shops know how to properly align a TTB suspension. I'd say not to pay them/get a refund and find a shop that knows how to handle TTB suspensions. If they don't know that you can get different bushings (stock ones are typically non-adjustable), then you don't want to deal with them because they obviously do not know how to properly align it.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Get your self some of these and take them to the alignment shop. Then go out there and punch the stupid little 17 year old idiots right in the mouth, as they clearly don't know what the fawk they are doing.

you cant just buy those bushing you need to know what ones you need. they all he different degrees of adjustment.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah, you gotta know how much change you need to pick the right bushing.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
you cant just buy those bushing you need to know what ones you need. they all he different degrees of adjustment.
That is a fully adjustable bushing.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Yeah, you gotta know how much change you need to pick the right bushing.

That is a fully adjustable bushing.
Looks like the inner bushing is on an eccentric as well, so you can adjust camber and caster. Probably the letters correspond to certain degree.
Richard

WTF

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'06
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
You'd be correct. I'd install those bushings first before going back to another alignment shop just to save on labor costs. Plus, if you mess with it enough you can get it in a good ball-park with a bubble level and carpenter's square. TTB's are never perfectly aligned. At least, I've never seen one...:icon_cheers:

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
You'd be correct. I'd install those bushings first before going back to another alignment shop just to save on labor costs. Plus, if you mess with it enough you can get it in a good ball-park with a bubble level and carpenter's square. TTB's are never perfectly aligned. At least, I've never seen one...:icon_cheers:
It takes a lot of skill, some old-school techniques, and a lot of luck to align 'em perfectly. :icon_rofl: