•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lets see your removable top Bronco II

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I wanted to see what people have done to make there Bronco II like a full size with a removable top. So post pics of it on the exterior and interior and how the top works.

SeanWilson

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
I also want to see this!
ive seen plenty of chop tops that the body work was so good it looks stock but i am also curious on how other guys have done the removable top.

my buddy and i are in the proccess of doing a bunch of work to his bII and this is on the “maybe” list. if someone has a good right up or pics that will help it would be amazing!

and if we do decide to do it ill attempt to do a how to thread:icon_thumby:

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I also want to see this!
ive seen plenty of chop tops that the body work was so good it looks stock but i am also curious on how other guys have done the removable top.

my buddy and i are in the proccess of doing a bunch of work to his bII and this is on the “maybe” list. if someone has a good right up or pics that will help it would be amazing!

and if we do decide to do it ill attempt to do a how to thread:icon_thumby:
This is also on my maybe list down the road. I would like to see how people went about doing this to make it look clean too

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I can't recall seeing one. Not saying it hasn't been done tho. I have also thought about how to go about doing the same, and I have a couple of spare b-ii's, I just need time. I may never get to it as I have too many other projects that are more important to me.

Richard

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I thought i saw one about a year ago I dunno if it was on here or not but someone took a ranger canopy and the bed frame rails from a ranger and put those on and put the canopy on kinda like a full size bronco setup, then took the tailgate off a ranger and put that on too.

RICO9

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Vehicle
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
I've only seen one, (and I can't find the pic right now). There are tons of others who have done soft tops though. and then there is mine with the hatch up against the cab. I say go for it!

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've only seen one, (and I can't find the pic right now). There are tons of others who have done soft tops though. and then there is mine with the hatch up against the cab. I say go for it!
I'm thinking I'm gonna do a soft top on mine when I do it because my son needs to have a seat. I'll need to get another car before I tackle this job for sure.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
This is the only example I've seen.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/287278/1988-ford-bronco-ii/

I ain't seen any updates to that page in probably 9-10 years (the May 03 '12 thing is likely a fluke stemming from software updates to Cardomain's site).

I've had thoughts of doing it to mine also, however it's a HUUUUUUGGGE project if you want to retain the BII's signature looks, so I've never gotten around to it yet lol.

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah I'm gonna need a shop to do this for sure instead of my cookie cutter rental house in our neighborhood where you can reach out the window and almost touch the neighbors house.