•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lift from 63s?

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm running SOA in the rear of my Explorer, and I'm content with the height, but I'd like more flex, mainly droop. Is anybody running 63s on the rear of their Explorer, and if so how much lift (if any) was gained? I'm only asking because of the location of the front mounts on the frame. Moving them forward doesn't change the height. I don't really think much lift would be gained, but I don't want to go any higher than I need to with this.

A buddy did this on his 87 4Runner and the leafs are mounted to the frame the same way and the frames are pretty similar shape, and with Belltechs he didn't gain much height, if any.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i have thought about this as well... i think for rbvs a stock chebby leaf adds about 2 inches... not too sure... i know on the explorer you can just unbolt the front mount move it forward 6" bend the part that curves up to be straight and bolt it to the frame.

if you do this let me know how it comes out...

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah, I was also thinking I could remove a leaf or two if it's too tall. I just wouldn't want it too soft either.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i think they are only 4 leafs... a little stiff yet soft enough for flex

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I haven't ever used the 63's, but it seems I read that they will give 2-3 in of lift..

I would search around

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
I got about 3 out of mine (I took the overload out so only running 3 leafs) but an explorer is heavier than my truck I would think.

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah, I'm sure an Explorer is heavier in the rear, and I was planning on running just 3 leafs anyway. The 4Runner I mentioned has all 4 springs in it, and it rides like ass in the back seat.

Should be a real simple swap, so if I don't get any definitive answers I may just do it to see what I get. It wouldn't take too much to move the front hangers back to stock.