•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lift?

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Whats the best bang for the buck when it comes to a B2 lift. Maybe a homemade lift or rob parts of explorers?? What have yall done?

The Jester Race

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2006
Vehicle
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 2.5
A few of the guys have searched. You ought to try it.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
I got the skyjacker 4" class 2 w/ extended length radius arms and the nitro shocks for a little over 1600 bucks w free shipping from the truck add ons site a couple mos ago and I am stoked, Has a drop pitman arm, front sway bar kit, and new rear leaf springs. All I needed was basic tools and a 1/2 inch drill bit for the holes. They will beat any price by 5%.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
if you wanna buy a kit. Rough Country, but it's stiff coils and drop plate.

better option is to buy skyjacker brackets, extend your radius arms, early bronco 3.5" coils, ext brake lines, homemade sway bar links with quick disco setup, superrunner steering kit, belltech 6400 shackles, and a rear block to level it out.
OR something of that thought... it varies depending on what you wanna do.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
I'm just looking to run 30's. Might just got with the 2'' lift from bronco grave yard. I found another 2'' on the internet for under 150. Probably some ebay junk though. Not a B2 that will be doing any heavy wheeling, just my D/D and hunting vehicle.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I'm not a fan of the 2" kits.. it's usually a coil spring spacer and shock extender for the front and a block in the rear. it's effective, just not my style lol. depending on how sagged you're coils/leafs are, 2" may not be enough for 30's.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
I dont know man, I just don't plan on spending alot of money on it. Ive been a craigslist hound for the past couple of weeks. Just looking to see what treasure I may find for my B2. California has alot to offer far as mods go, so I need to stock up before heading back home to Louisiana.

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
Reno Craigslist has a guy with a partial 4 inch skyjacker for 150$.

BrucesBlack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
You Can Get a Skyjacker 2" Kit up Front , I Got Over 2.5" of lift and 2. 1/4 After Spring sag on my Explorer sport /Navajo , I Used the Coil Springs and Shocks for about 40K Miles now and beat the Crap out of it and the still have not Settled any less than 2. 1/4 Lift . I have The Steering stabilizer For it But Lost some bolts nuts before I could install it , Should be doing that soon as It warms back up here , But I Also Bought Cheap Auto Zone Shackles And used those on there Tallest setting and Got 1.75" Of lift , Added Air Shocks for Another 1" Of lift for the Raked Look ! .

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
I seen those autozone shackles a time or two. Never gave it any thought though, might look into now. Matter of fact I'm heading up there today to get oil and breaks for ole Bucky.