•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lill Mule 89 BII

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
keep us posted about the top. I need to come up with an idea to get a soft top on mine.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
haven't played with the top yet. did a couple more snow trips in really crudy snow. problem is that I am running 33s' and the rest of the guys are running 35's
which means that the front ttb is pushing lots of snow.
Actually decided to put the B2 up for sale and look for a lifted 4 door explorer or grand Cherokee so that I can fit the family better. Put $3k on it for now

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
I see it there on craigslist. hah. small world.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ran Rubicon

what a amazing trail!

I thought Barret was tough. - it is but not as intense as the Rubicon.

It was really fun to see peoples faces when they realized it was a B2 on the trail. Only other fords I saw on the trail was a beat up ranger with a D44 plus a couple of early broncos . pretty much Yota and Jeeps other wise.

We went in Loon Lake up to Little Sluice turned around and went out Wentworth Springs. Wentworth Springs was really intense - no turn outs, lots of rocks and VERY tight trail.

Will be posting pictures very soon

damage report
peeled the diff cover a little bit. added a couple small dents to the body. The rear bumper really needs to get moved in - was banging off it quite a bit. Plus the rear rocker panels on the bottom.

Driving report
Overall the B2 works amazing 93% of the times. Only it really big rocks does the small tires and gearing show up

In the slick rocks, this thing does AMAZING! the Xterrians aired down to 11psi, grip like nobody's business in the rocks. I was getting traction where all the BFG MTR's were not. Even with the limited slips I was getting traction all over the place. Plus this little thing flexes all over the place. I will post some videos to show the flex.

Only had to winch once where I slid sideways going up a rock face. Droped the rear tire in a deep hole with the bumper on the ground.

I am not sure I would do the trail in this setup again. I would want to put 4.88's in with 35's before I did this trail again. It really needs a little height and lower gears to get slower

It is all relative - run a local trail called Strawberry and its fine. Run a really rocky trail at 3mph and thats too fast. I've gotten pretty good using the clutch and letting it idle along at 800rpm. If I am going to continue to do trails like Rubicon and Barret I need to some improvements.
AND I like running the rocky trails:icon_thumby:

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
First time on the 'Con

lots of fun needs lower gears
start of trip

flex shot

pulling a jeep off a rock that he high centered on

granite bowl the crack to the right

Up the hill

if your moving dont stop till the top

trail spotting

will post videos tomorrow

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
friday
removed the K&N intake, Aerostar MAF and aerostar air tube.
installed the stock intake box, MAF and Ranger air tube.
went and smogged it - passed clean as a whistle!

Saturday
removed winch
removed red top battery
put the sway bar back on
removed hi jack

sunday
welded a bolt back on the rear axle
put the shock back on
turned the rear shocks back down to 9 in the rear
now it does not sway at all
had two cans of R134 with 2 oz of oil - filled up ac system it blows cold
unloaded all my tools, gear, spare parts, fridge

tomorrow
have a window gear to put in passenger door.
put in cheap radio
wash it outside and inside

Deliver bronco to its new owner
:yahoo::sad:
happy and sad to see it go

I do tractor repair for our vineyard management company and the owners son has had a 69 landcruiser with a V8 sitting in front of the shop for over 6 years. The V8, tranny and transfer case are all out of the cruiser - motor is rebuilt and sitting in the garage. The owners son is not that mechanical and really busy. So I offered him my bronco for the landcruiser and some cash on his end. He gets a currently smogged and licensed vehicle that he can use to go hunting in.

He will never go on a trail that is over a 3 out of 10. Knowing it can go up to a 9 rated trail gives him a peace of mind. Plus not having to worry about dents is a plus for him.

I get some cash and a really good base of a project. Might even be able to get another vehicle in the middle of this from a different buddy.

If all goes well I will end up with a 69 landcruiser and a 94 grand Cherokee that is lifted, long armed and locked

Really amazed in the end that only 2 people called me in 3 months and only then when I dropped it to $2500. My golf cart is worth more than that! My quad that I just sold would have been worth that much if I finished it.

Just shows you how bad the market is right now

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
dropped it off to its new owner friday night. they are quite happy! I will still see it every once in a while. especially as I am one of the part time mechanics!

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
1969 fj40 - someone did a full resto on it 12 years ago - has been sitting 12 years. no motor in it. has a fresh from machine shop 350, th350 np203, redone interior, tilt steer, rollbar in it. needs to be put together.

and a pic of the grand cherokee that I should be getting friday if all goes well
- reason I sold the bronco. I can buy FAR cheaper than I can build at the moment.
93 zj toyota axles , long arm with johnny joints, king shocks, 4.88, arb rear, new 33's 4-1 gear in transfer case. $4k

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
update - new owner still loves it

it was also featured a couple times in a show from the taping on the rubicon.
it was on the Travel Channel - show called Americas Wildest Roads and the and episode was rocks and roadkill.

my bronco 2 was in the shot like 10 times. one of the shots was me winching a jeep off a rock. pretty funny!

oh and image cave crashed and lost all my pics - which is why their is no more pictures. jerk - no planned up time either

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
update - I talked to my buddy who bought it. He still has it and drives it on weekends. He added a winch himself and even taught his wife to drive it. His whole family takes it on outings up to the foothills and deer hunting.
Only thing as he has done to it is change out the clutch throwout slave cylinder and add the winch.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i wish the pictures worked in this thread

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have all the pictures on my home computer. I will have to see if I can repost all my pics, off work tomorrow so will see if I can at least load the important ones.