•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

lowering a bronco2

mini274

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
well, i now have a DEADLINE for the project. by the end of summer it must be finished and running REALLY good. im racing a few teachers that drive chevy powered chevys and a chevy powered stang(if he ever finishes it). and their cars are set up for drag racing.

might also need a v8 ranger to race with me. grudge match my friends want to do
wat about a turboed 2.3:headbang:

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
Your gonna need a 2wd ranger crossmember or BII specific beams. The 2wd BII uses a 4wd crossmember with different beam mounts. I got a set of brand new dream beams and flip kit. I was gonna lower my 2wd BII but plans changed.

You may also want to get some GenII or III Ranger knuckles. The 2wd BII tie rod ends go down through the knuckle, where as the Ranger knuckles the tie rod ends go up through the knuckle. If you go low enough the steering will hit the frame.

If your interested in the lowering kit, PM me.

ZMan

TOTM Coordinator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford,Jeep
Engine Size
4.0l,3.0l (soon to be 302),5.2l
Your gonna need a 2wd ranger crossmember or BII specific beams. The 2wd BII uses a 4wd crossmember with different beam mounts. I got a set of brand new dream beams and flip kit. I was gonna lower my 2wd BII but plans changed.

You may also want to get some GenII or III Ranger knuckles. The 2wd BII tie rod ends go down through the knuckle, where as the Ranger knuckles the tie rod ends go up through the knuckle. If you go low enough the steering will hit the frame.

If your interested in the lowering kit, PM me.
I've lowered a Ranger 5'' without the tierods hitting the frame. You don't really have to worry about that untill you starting airbagging things.

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
The BII tie rod go into the knuckle from the top. They are about 3" higher then the Ranger tie rods. The OP was talking about beams and springs in the front. Beams will give you 3" of drop, springs will add 2" more. There's your 5". Plus the tie rods already sit 3" higher.

All im saying is: be careful they dont hit the frame.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Vehicle
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Ok, figured it is time for an update on this Bronco. I bought a rear for it from 177CIOfPureLove, and will probably be installing it over this (or next) weekend. After that, I might get a "new" windsheild, toss in a battery, fix a few small things and then sell the truck.