•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Motor Week BII review

87Bronco2Ark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Wow I have never seen the optional removable side windows. I have only heard of them

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Interesting. It didn't see lock knob on the front hubs yet it was a manual shifter. Did it have a live axle? Obviously with manual locked hubs switching into 4WD switching in and out of 4WD is as smooth and clean, simple and as fast as they describe (one of the reason I love the manual transfer case). The auto locking systems aren't that fast or clean. They didn't mention needing to lock the hubs so I am thinking it must have been a live axle. I just never heard about early BIIs coming with a live axle.

Maybe what they had to review was a pre-production run vehicle that had some differences from the general production vehicles? It did have those removable rear windows.

On a side note, after the video it offered up to me a this video about the Yugo and Hyundai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-O5i1zeXXQ

Apparently the Yugo was selling like hotcakes before they got off the boat. "of course there is no way to know what Yugo reliability will turn out to be..." anyone get the feeling they were a bit skeptical of it from the start?