•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My 1985 - getting there

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
I promise it looks WAY BETTER in pics than in person, but I've got a good base to start with...washed, waxed and polished it this evening...just waiting to win the lottery to make it look 100% restored...I love this little SUV...

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Looks like a nice truck. Know what you mean about waiting on the lottery lol

I keep hoping maybe it disappear and end up on "Overhaulin". I wouldn't mind having a Chip Foose Bronco II as long as the concept doesn't include lowering/raising it from stock or putting in automatic trans /transfer case in place of the manual ones

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Here is the driver side...it's more faded (it sat in a barn for 6 years and this side got sun most of the day...it's faded out and you can also see the gentleman that sold it to me had backed into it with his truck and repaired it best as he could...I'm going to have to sand that and repaint it soon as it has two areas where it looks like rust has started where he hit it.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
My guess/gut is no, but it fits like a glove on there.

I took it off to paint it and the holes in the bumper looked factory or dealer option...I replaced the bolts as they were good and rusty; as a matter of fact they're sitting out in one of my pb blaster bowls soaking in case I need to use them for something else.

The guy that I bought it from said it was on there when he bought it.

Was never wired for lights though so my guess is aftermarket.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Well! That is awesome! Then I change my guess and say it could be...I bought it going on 2 years ago so I will probably never know for certain but I will e-mail the guy I bought it from and see if still has the elderly fella's phone number he bought it from.

That would be pretty cool! It is definitely that same brush guard, but someone could have bolted it on later.

I do know that where the bolts go in it is perfect under there. I will take a close up later today.
That's a 1976 license plate I found under my house when I cleaned it out (it's a Bicentennial License Plate and I love America so it fits my truck)...gave one to my neighbor as well - he has a 1976 Chevy K10.

Last edited: