•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

my 86 bronco2 project

koomz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.9L v-6
i picked this 86 b2 rig up for a a grand bone stock..2.9L V-6 5SPD standard-BW1350...aircared with 220,000kms on it...since then ive chopped the top..added some roll bars...and had a canvas top made for it..and of course good old garden liner flares..lol

now it rocks a 4" trailmaster.. lift coils up front and leafs in the rear..
heres some pics of it on stock axles and 31'' wild countries.

also a pic of the 35's im gonna run after adding the 3" body lift and finish puttin in the 8.8...i just finished installing the front dana35 so ill post those pics tonight..

so heres the pics of it on the d35 with 35'' trailcutters...still working on the 8.8..and body lift...might just cut it out though instead

so scrapped the 3'' body and broke out the grinder have a look...chopped fenders now.
and yes i will do the gears...and rock sliders...and one day the 4.0L or 5.0L

Attachments

Last edited:

koomz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.9L v-6
thanks bro ...you helped too...lol...

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks good man! I like the chop top and the rollbar, did you make it?

Have you gotten an alignment yet? Or was it just recently on a jack?

Camber is a bit positive, and do you have a drop pitman arm? The steering angle is a little steep.

koomz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.9L v-6
Looks good man! I like the chop top and the rollbar, did you make it?

Have you gotten an alignment yet? Or was it just recently on a jack?

Camber is a bit positive, and do you have a drop pitman arm? The steering angle is a little steep.
thanks man...yeah chopped it witha plasma ..my buddy built the bars modified them of a ranger

no alignment yet needs a camber. finished installing the front a few days ago...and its still jacked up on jacks in the rear...for the 8.8 install tonight

i have a drop pitman arm but it just all on a highlift and jackstands so its kinda weird looking in the pic...i do think i might need a bigger one though..not sure yet .
will post more when i get the rear fully in and tires on ...

Last edited:

Arctic Wolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks good. How much did ya spend on the top? Im thinking of maybe someday doin the same. Ive been told that a top would be a small fortune .

koomz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.9L v-6
i spent about $20 bucks on sawzall blades and cutting discs...and $100 to rent a plasma...be sure to leave enough material to knotch and bend it over the edge for a cleaner look...
the roll bars where out of a ranger...$50 at the wrecker..and some plates and bolts $20
the top was done be a upholstry shop i just mapped it out with a bed sheet and felt pen a then had them sew up a real canvas one.$120.i made my own make shift slider for and bought the screw in buttons...home depot $50

total costs =$360...not bad right..and its safe.!

Last edited:

derekj

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger 4wd
That truck was for sale on Craigslist a while back - did you just buy it? I was thinking it would be a great starting point for a trail rig build up. Would have bought it but the wife won't let me have any more vehicles.

Derek

koomz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.9L v-6
i ended buying it off that cl guy yeah....he had no idea what he was doing ...since ive had i been dong nothing but fixing it and sooon shell be ready lol

hockeyfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I saw that on craigslist to and was wondering if you bought it or was trying to sell it. It must be nice to be so close to pickapart I have to drive an hour and a half to get there.