•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

my 90 b2's re-birth

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
thats my plan, i have coils and a drop pitman for temporary purposes, as well as pro comp shocks w/ remote res for a 4 inch lift. i just need some drop brackets and maybe the alignment bushings to be safe. i dont beat on this thing hard enough to warrant the 8.8 and i have the d35 already. its 3.73 w/ rear locker. i just need to mod the full size prerunner light bar i have to fit and add my lighting

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
NIce work, except for that plug!
You thief, getting a bumper like that from PAP!!!

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
nice job on it so far!
thanks, mines nowhere near the build of your truck though. yours is my inspiration for finding a gen 1 or 2 ranger though and doing a similar street truck build

NIce work, except for that plug!
You thief, getting a bumper like that from PAP!!!
i thought the bumper was rare cuz i had never seen one on a b2 or ranger before so i bought it. payed $25 for it and the next time i went to the same yard there were 2 more b2' s with the same bumper and the next time there was one more. still a cool bumper though and i like it better than my old one

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nothing current
Vehicle
Ford
So when you replaced the head gaskets, did you run into any problems taking the heads off? did you take the maifolds off or just leave em on when you did it? the B2's looking nice keep it up

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
So when you replaced the head gaskets, did you run into any problems taking the heads off? did you take the maifolds off or just leave em on when you did it? the B2's looking nice keep it up
the manifolds were unbolted from the head first then the y pipe to get them out of the way. no problems getting the heads off the hardest part was getting them lined back up because they have locating pins on the block.

on another note, the little 2.9 is weak and doesnt like highway speeds. i have a feeling the bottom end of this thing is too tired to keep going so im on the hunt for a 4.0 for the swap now. if anyone has the engine harness from the 90-92 ranger for sale pm me, im very interested

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
ok been a year since the last update but finally some progress...
lifted the front with spacers:

and did the 93-97 4x4 lower valance:
before:

no valance:

during fitment:

and the final(sorry for the crappy night cell pic):

now i need to find some fog lights to put in and fit my preunner style light bar which i hope to be doing this week

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
time for another small update, i finally cut down my prerunner light bar that was meant for a full size chevrogay and welded it to fit the b2. i also installed the harbor freight offroad lights and some cheap square fog lights on the bar. the pic is before the wiring was done so you can see the wires hanging but the position is the same. i also added some kc covers for the round lights.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Lookin good.

How do you like your ebay headlights?

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
the output on them kinda sucks. i really want to do a projector retrofit to them with hids because there really isnt any better options for more light for these. for now i just use the square fogs to supplement the headlights and it works ok but the alternator doesnt like it (60 amp unit tested at 40 amps at 2k rpm)

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
another update...
i have had 2 tbird turbo coupe scoops for about 2 years with the intention to put them in the hood. well i finally grew some stones and started it up.
first shot is very rough cuts for the scoops to fit, second pic is basically the final cut and the hood cleaned for the carbon fiber vinyl to lay down before the scoops are bonded into place. let me know what ya guys think.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
another quick addition...
the carbon fiber wrap completed and the scoops sitting in, will finish installing the scoops and get a final pic tomorrow.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
another update: i was getting tired of not being able to run the heater on cold nights because with the headlights and heater on the alternator couldnt keep up with the demand. so, i decided to do the swap to a 3g alternator. write up HERE. i HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend doing it if you have any electrical add ons

chazzone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I really like the carbon fiber wrap on the hood. I'd like to see more of a write up on doing that.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
theres not much to write up on the wrap. you clean the hell out of th surface. and apply like a sticker but use a heat gun to smooth out bubbles and i used a plastic bondo spreading board to press into the lines. took about 2 hours or so to get it good

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
nothing really new to post but I have a pic of me screwing around on my property in the b2. its the last pic i'll have of the current blue and white color scheme. plastidip coming soon...