•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My Bronco is a driver finally!

stimmie78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So earlier this year I purchased an 89 BII for $350. Met the guy part way between Salt Lake City and here. Pushed it off his trailer right on to mine. The next evening I had the thing running. Just had to put a starter solenoid in it. But then I found the clutch was bad. So I did searching around and got the parts I needed. Some locally some online. I replaced the rear main (wasn't leaking, it was just accessible), clutch kit, flywheel, and slave cylinder. I have an extra throwout bearing since the slave I got came with one installed.

Saturday I got the parts all installed and everything put back together except for the front drive line (needs new u-joints) and the shifter boot. Drove it to work today so I can change the oil and see what else I'm going to need.

Parts were cheap if you search well enough.

Slave and clutch kit on amazon.com $108
Flywheel at local O'reilly $60
Rear Main at Napa $14
Starter Solenoid at Napa $11
Gasket for trans/t-case Ford Dealer $3.88

So for under $550 I've got a running vehicle! :yahoo:

Down side is before the clutch job I'm pretty sure blinkers were working, now they aren't.. so I have to work on that before I license it.

Xandor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Sweet. Can't beat a $550 truck

stimmie78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'll get some tonight.. It's an XL. Manual windows and all that jazz.. has the high gears in it unfortunately, so I won't be lifting it unless an axle swap is involved. I do wish it had the opening rear window.. I'll have to find a decent used one in white so I don't have to paint :) Plans are to build a rear bumper with a tire carrier since the stock one tore the liftgate (shocker) and probably build a front bumper too.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I want one of those opening rear hatch windows too. That would be awesome

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
Its to bad they didn't make one with all 3 options for the back window (Wiper, Defrost and opening glass.)

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just wish I could get my lift gate to open without having to climb through the cab. That would be nice.:pray: