•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My new $300 problem

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just got this yesterday and was going through the engine compartment lookimg for my lack of power issue, found this.

My question is, where are these wires supposed to go?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
you got the haynes or chilton book? wiring diagrams? did you try tracing them?

list the colors and i'll flip thru my wiring diagrams and see if i can find them. purple, green, red, yellow.. can't really tell. what color stripes are on them? if they are solid colors they are probably something added on... almost reminds me of the "universal" aftermarket radio wires. that would explain the red, black, yellow... green, gray, purple and something else are all speaker colors. but why would those wires be there if that's the case?

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
All of those wires are coming out of the back of the black box you see in the picture. The wire were just stuffed through a hole in the fire wall. The black box also has a cable that is supposed to be connected to the throttle body next to the throttle cable. I think it has something to do with the trans but I have never owned an automatic so I'm not sure. I looked all through the truck and could not find the wire harnes that these are supposed to be in. I am going to the PullaPart to to day to try and find out what this hooks up to.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
if that's the case; its probably the cruise control.