•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need this part but can't find it!

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
First off Howdy y'all I am a young 16 year old boy who is the mechanic for my family. Well we have tons of trucks and one is a 1984 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 standard. My brother's going to be daily driver. Great beat up ugly truck but it runs except one problem. You can't get it into gear with no shifter.

Well here is what is up. I have had previous mechanics look at it and they said it is called the transmission shifter housing which is busted. I am like oh great. Well I am saying that even more I can't find the part at all. The transmission shops don't carry it anymore. I have looked at junk yards and they don't have any 1984 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 standard trannys in there or even rangers. Does anyone know where it is. I would love to see this ugly beast back on the road again. My dad is a bronco 2 enthusiest big time himself he has owned a 1987 Bronco 2 4x4 auto, and a 1984 Bronco 2 4x4 standard but he doesn't have them any more so this is to be fixed.
Trav

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That is going to be very hard to find short of pulling a whole trans somewhere.

Your best bet would probably be finding a newer style trans from a newer Ranger or Explorer and getting that in it instead. We do kinda have all the instructions for that.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
This is what you call a confluence of events...

I was digging around my shop searching for something else anc came across an early T-K all metal shifter.

This should be the correct shifter for your 4speed T-K trans.

And yes it is a T-K trans because the Mitsubishi FM145 wasn't introduced until 1985

AD