•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need to improve the flex on my B2

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I am taking my 86 B2 down to Gulches ORV Park in March with some buddies and after watching some of the videos from their site I have realized I have to improve the flex of my B2. I am running all factory equipment right now and I know to improve my flex the #1 thing to do is remove the sway bar. My B2 is riding at stock height so it won't flex too much but does anyone know what brake lines I need to get that are longer? Mine are relatively short and the last thing I want to do on the trail is snap a brake line. Also what about coil springs? Do yall think the stock ones will suffice? I am not going to be doing any extreme trails because my B2 is only on 30.5" tires right now but I want to spend my time enjoying the trails and not working on my truck. Thanks for the help!

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
id remove both sway bars find a way to set the front up like a jeep and have disconnects

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
yeah I am thinking about instead of the sway bar bolting in making a way where i can install pins that you can remove the pin and the bolt and the sway bar comes out. But for now getting underneath and removing the sway bar wont be an issue. I am going to trailer my B2 up there just in case I break something I wont have to pay someone to tow it back.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I would say stick with your stock coils unless you're lifting it. They actually aren't too overly bad in stiffness (stock BII coils I think are around 350PPI). Your stock brake hoses should be fine (obviously unless they're rotting from age, then maybe get longer ones just to prep yourself for a lift later).

If you lift it, Jeep XJ or ZJ coils would be what you'd want for it.
Skyjacker just released a 4.5" XJ lift, which the coils from I suspect would lift a BII right about 3.5-4", and would work good with a 4" lift bracket set.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Yeah the brake lines are brand new there just isnt alot of play in them so i didnt want to snap one because of the weight of the axles being held by the line when i flex. I am going to lift it hopefully by summer time and ill probably go with the 5.5" superlift, but i gotta get a 302 and a different tranny and transfer case along with bigger axles so i can run my 35s.

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
im running 35's on mine i cant remember the lift i think its 3.5 with 2 in body and slight wheel well trim. im running stock drivetrain 4.10 gears ,2.9 so on so fourth it does fine when it runs right. you dont need the big v8 its just a coolness factor all i wanna do is sas and a cage since i chopped the back off

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Well thats partly why i want to do the v8 swap for the coolness factor. I wanted a big block but members here shot that down like a duck during hunting season. The only reason im changing motors is because im changing axles and will most likely have a v8 of some sort just sitting here

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ok lol you sound like me good luck on your build