•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need to Unload my B2

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
personally, I'd do a budget boost and cut the fenders. Throw some cheap/used MT's on it, weld the rear axle up, and RIDE...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
personally, I'd do a budget boost and cut the fenders. Throw some cheap/used MT's on it, weld the rear axle up, and RIDE...
If I had money I would, I had to save my tips from work for 3 months to come up with the money for the tires I just put on it. I work 6 days a week and can't afford to get out of town so why would I waste money on any sort of mods?

I'm just going to drive it until A. The engine blows up, B. the transmission fails, C. The tires wear out or D. I fall through the floor.

I originally planned on restoring it, but I don't see that happening with my income and I know for a fact I won't win the lottery to help out. So I think I'll patch it up as best I can and just drive it till A, B, C, or D happens.

I don't know anything about body work or I'd attempt the panel replacements myself.

Hmm, I have a local place that will buy tires I may check with them and see how much they would give me for the tires, then go find a set of crap ones and throw on to get it movable to load up and haul off. Either way I gotta do something I'm tired of throwing endless amounts of money I could use for other things at the B2 and not seeing any progress.

If someone wants a few better pictures that can maybe point me in a direction of some simple rust repairs I'd be glad to take some this week. Like I said I don't know anything about body work so I don't want to try and take that on myself. Problem is it is extremely expensive to have it fixed I know that, and just the passenger side is $1200 in parts/labor alone, that doesn't include primer or paint.

I guess the bottom line is, if I was able to keep the rust at bay long enough to get money to have it fixed and slowly restored on the outside, I can do the inside on my own pretty easily. Would it really be worth it in the long run? The thing is 30 years old, would it be of any considerable value if say it was in good condition as in all the rust issues fixed, the body rust taken care of, and properly repainted? I've also been told that this yellow/cream paint scheme is extremely rare.

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I can't say I've seen that color scheme ever so you may be right there.

As for considerable value?

As mentioned before, B2 just aren't a high value car. Sure there is a core group of enthusiasts and just plain nutty people like myself that love the B2 (and probably end up with several if I had the space), but it isn't one with any real collectors appeal like say many of the muscle cars.

I've seen some one owner survivors with something like 10K original miles where they were trying to get upwards of $20K but never seen them get that. I have seen some go for a bit over $10K. I've seen ones with much higher mileage in very good condition (some rust still) go for 7K. These probably don't represent typical prices however. I got mine which was pretty close to the same condition than that one I saw go for $7K for a third the price..

Will value go up as they get older? I wouldn't be too optimistic. I find it hard to believe the cost of bringing it up to a condition where it might sell for $7K would be less than what you put into it unless like you said, the paint scheme made it especially valuable.

Sad to say that.

I know I will never get my money out of mine. I pays my money for the time I enjoy driving it.

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
I think you should learn how to do body work. I used to know nothing about it until I started reading on the internet how to do it, now I'll at least attempt a few body repairs/repaint. And I'm only going to get better the more I do it. If you want it to look nice and repair the rust/damage without paying thousands of dollars to an auto body shop, learn to do it yourself. Take your time, read articles/write-ups how to do it (there's even several good ones on TRS) and think of it as a long term project with the reward of having a good looking BII at the end of it that you'll enjoy driving.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Thanks everyone I think I will see what kind of damage I can do on my own. Now if I just had a welder.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Well bud it's good to hear that your going to keep the old B2 ! I hear you about the whole body work idea , Mine was straight when I got it , But over the years and the weather and people trying to break into it takes a toll on them. Just keep at it because you can do anything you put your mind too. You just got to have the want to and you will be ok.
There are so many good books and videos out there that show you step for step how to do it . And as far as a welder goes , Just look on your local craigslist and you can pick one up for a good deal used.
Good luck bud and keep me posted !

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Wildbill...glad you are keeping it.

Buy you some sandpaper, a wire brush and tear the paint off it and primer (from a can) the crap out of it until you hit the lottery...or drive it until it breaks and do what you gotta!

Don't know what you do for a living but can you barter out some work?

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Hey bud ! I was just thinking about you old B2 and was woundering if your intnd erested I am stripping my old B2 , And was thinking about offering you the compleate body if you want ? There would beno frame just the body and all you would half to do is swap them out to your frame ? So let me know befor I chop it up once i get the parts off that I want.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Wildbill32 - where you at...this guy has a deal for you!

Hey bud ! I was just thinking about you old B2 and was woundering if your intnd erested I am stripping my old B2 , And was thinking about offering you the compleate body if you want ? There would beno frame just the body and all you would half to do is swap them out to your frame ? So let me know befor I chop it up once i get the parts off that I want