•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New shocks; front tires bowed in

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
I've noticed this a couple of times now...more so in the last week. After putting on new shocks the front of my Bronco II's front tires are pointing in (like there's not enough weight in the front). Hey I put new shocks on back as well. Gabriel Ultras all way around (yeah, I know but it's what I could get the weekend I was putting them on).

Anyway - would a steering stabilizer push them back out or is there something else going on here?

Truck rides fantastic and after I ride it around a bit it seems to settle but after sitting in the driveway it gets the "lift"...

Do I need to replace the leafs in the back to get rid of rear end offset/sag or is this just that the new shocks are that "strong" for lack of a better word. How do you get these Bronco II's so they sit straight - guy asked me Saturday why it sat that way...leaf springs (out of an explorer or add a leaf or what)??? some kind of spacer although I don't like that idea.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Are you looking at it after you back tge truck up? With minutes of purchasing mine I thought the same thing.then I moved the truck forward a few inches and the front end settled down.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
If the new shocks are high-pressure nitrogen charged and the old ones were not (or they had worn out and lost their pressure), that pressure can affect the ride height a bit, though probably not by more than a half inch or so.