•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

NMB2's BroncoII truggy thing.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It is a doubler, just with the bw1350 as the front case and the d300 as the rear. The "traditional" rbv doubler is with a bw1350 as the front case and a bw1354 as the rear. The d300 is a stronger case, has deeper gearing, and has the capability to be twin sticked - making it a better option. That's what I've gathered from that post anyways. If its a drivers drop case then you'd be in business, but I guess you can flip those cases without issue so either way you're good to go.

I've got a doubler in my dd. over 20k miles on it and still truckin - everyday.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
ya there is nothing wrong with my 1354 rear case. I just want to upgrade for a few reasons. not so much strength... i dont have a problem with the 1354. I want the LoMax kit which takes it to 4:1 making final crawl 189:1. Twin sticks allows you to put the truck into front wheel drive to do front digs, good for tight trails/rock gardens. and the flat case allows you to flatbelly the truck easily.

It would have no effect on a trucks daily driving abilities. 2hi and 4hi are still the same thing.

crawlin91

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
thats very interesting. Let me do some more research.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
thought i would update this with new stuff.

bftank

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4l
hey nmb2, i have looked at quite a few pics of your truggy and couldn't find any good detail pics of your front axle spring mounts. i was wondering if you could post some up for me, particularly of the shackle mount. i am planning on running a similarly sized axle in a 94 explorer and i believe these trucks share similar dimensions.

thanks in advance

bftank

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4l
nevermind i found some in your other thread. i knew i had seen them somewhere. thanks anyways

derald