•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Not Another CTOR Build

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
made my spare tire mount

Its held to the cage by the spindle....this way i do not have to carry as many spares in the truck with me..

one spindle, hub, rotor, lockout, bearings, and a stub shaft

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
added the last of my pipe i had to the sliders for a little more support.

Changed out the t-stat from a 198* to a 180*, changed the oil in the motor, checked all other fluids. Mounted fire extingquishers, Got most all my gears/tools packed.

kemicalburns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
if you run the colder tstat on an efi motor it will run rich all the time. the computer needs the motor to hit those temps for a reason. if your running to hot i suggest getting a better fan setup or a larger radiator

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
if you run the colder tstat on an efi motor it will run rich all the time. the computer needs the motor to hit those temps for a reason. if your running to hot i suggest getting a better fan setup or a larger radiator
It worked just fine....thanks for the concern :icon_thumby:

Yep first day about 3 hours in i blew out the cross pin in the mini-spool in the 9"......Broke it in like 4 pieces rumping on it. Thankfully about two hours before we left on Last tues i welded up another carrier i had and packed it along. About an hour i had it fixed and wheeling again. This was Thurs.

Friday i had no real problems. I had developed a PS leak at an o-ring on the line at the pump, but an occasional top off kept that problem at bay.

Saturday we were playing and i started to spit a cap, but caught it before it munched a shaft. So got a spare ujoint installed on the trail and kept on rocking. Later saturday on the way back down the mountain i sudden;y couldn't turn left. The plate i welded to my frame for the trac bar mount began tearing off the frame and was taking the frame with it. So two rachet straps and my winch cable placed just right got it held in place so i could drive down the mountian.

It rained the entire time so every trail up the mountain was a waterfall, and every switchback was a greasy slip and slide.

Now for the pics

Fixing the 9"

Last edited:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
I own a mig flux welder that runs off car batterys hooked in series.....but it was on the way down the mountain the last day and the evening we were done wheeling. So once it came down it went striaght on trailer and home we went. Wasn't gonna worry about it other then to get it on the trailer.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
:icon_thumby:

soon.....no more broken 44 shafts

:icon_hornsup:

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That's pretty bad ass. I remember the last time I checked this thread it was still just a regular looking truck. :D

Where did you get those seats and for how much? I've been torn between saving up for a pair of race seats in black and red, or saving up and buying a pair of black leather seats for my truck.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
So i fixed up my trac bar and headed out wheeling this past sunday. First time using the truck since Harlan. I didn't get 15 minutes into wheeling and wasn't really even getting in it yet and

So i had Left side drive only. I am tired of breaking the 44 stuff so i went and got one of these :cool: for $200, it needs to be gone through but for the price i couldn't say no.

1995 F350 SRW D60

Thats one of my 44 shafts next to the D60 shaft.

So most likely within the next 2-3 weeks i'll have it under the truggy and ready to rock, plan for the rear is a GM 14 Bolt.

Gonna have 5.38's in the front with a loc-rite and 5.38 outback with an Orb of Traction lol.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
And the evolution continues...

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
i don't stick with things long do i..........I just wish i would have just gone straight from the stock 35 to the 60...................man i would've saved a bunch of $$$$$$

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L

Got a bunch of the small stuff ready to install, also ordered my front gears and my new set of rims.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just wish i would have just gone straight from the stock 35 to the 60...................man i would've saved a bunch of $$$$$$
I hear a lot of people saying that. I hope my 44 holds up.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
I just sold my Beadlocks a few minutes ago.....man i hate dismounting swampers. Always a PITA. Ordered my new rims yesterday and they are "out for delivery" via ups. Looks like i get to make another set.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
60 and a 14bolt; i look forward to see how you make it work