•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Our 84 Ford Bronco 2 4x4 build thread. From Junk to almost glory.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
ok so got some pics for y'all. Got the air cleaner lid painted black, the bucking bronco and V6 emblems painted white and all put on. Got to find one more Bronco II emblem and paint it white and put it on then the rest of the emblems are staying off. One day we will paint the air cleaner thing probably when I replace the air cleaner but for now it is staying. I got to get the truck to the local car wash and degrease this damn engine.
Ignore the old door handle I took this pic before replacing it with correct one and yes that is packing tape over the small tears:icon_thumby:

Ignore my damn cowboy boots and the painted locks aren't staying they are going chrome or black:

my dad laughs over this everytime I pop the hood:

V6 emblems mocked up and put on the bronco 2s only have the V6 emblem on the passenger side so I got another as I thought that looked gay:

broncos bucking away:

Thunder + Lightning = Crosss Bones :icon_rofl:
I never noticed this till I took this picture. LOL
Blue thunder the 84 Bronco 2 my youngest brother's truck (Dylan's was named as it is loudest truck as of right now on the lot)
White Lightning my 88 F150 4x4 (Trav was named as was fastest truck on the lot and will be faster before you know it LOL)
Cross bones my younger (but not youngest) brother's 91 F250 4x4 with 2" lift (Johnny was named heck I don't now why but I know it is going to be flat black)
All have the same gears (3.55s) minus mine has a Limited Slip (no one wheel wonder for me that thing will out off road the other 2)
All will or do have a lift of some sort (bronco 2 will have enough to stop the 235 75 R15s rubbing or go to 31s, mine will have a leveling kit and 33s, and our other brothers has a 2" lift and will be running 35s)
All will be running true dual thrush packs with no cats
All will be offroading
and all have some black in them.
All of them work in progress trucks

Last edited:

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Well picked up a parts truck so will have the front windshield for the B2 if I can get it out in one piece. Might take the front clip off too and put it on the B2 as I like the 2nd gen better. Going to find out the gears in the parts truck if they are better gears dropping the entire suspension under the B2 if not taking the blocks, leaf srings and coils and putting them under the B2. That should stop my rubbing problem. The doors will be going on to so instead of the big mirrors I will have the small mirrors which personally I like.

This will be over time as I am putting this on hold till I get my new to us 94 Explorer going (will be making a build thread asap). Other then that no updates just yet I am hoping to have some soon though on this truck.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Well I guess Blue thunder is getting a bit jealous being not the only RBV on the lot and right now she has a problem of a battery draining off. Every morning I go to start it the battery is dead. Also she has a miss I am guessing it needs plugs, wires, cap and rotor. So I got to do that along with install the windshield and doors. Should be fun.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Well little update I tried finding the short and their was none so I took the starter solenoid off our 96 Ranger since they are the same and put it on still no luck. I think the battery just finally gave up.
So I am going to buy a brand new battery for the explorer and put the old battery in the bronco 2. Then move onto the other stuff.

Things I need to do soon to her:
tune up
windshield (have everything)
replace clip with 2nd gen (have everything)
install running boards (have everything)
replace doors (have everything)
repaint (got to get the paint)

I am working on this while working on the explorer, my f150, and my brother's ranger. Yes the bronco 2 is now a play and get around truck as we got a ranger (which is my brother's dream truck) for my brother.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
ok so with the springs in this truck sagging so much and the tires rubbing I decided to take the wheels and tires off the explorer and put them on here and vise a versa. Now it won't rub and it increases flexing. It doesn't look bad but I will be going back to 15s when I get some tires.
Trav

BroncoIIPower

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My credo
Clothing optional
Don't know if this is already in the plans but those Explorer leaf springs will cure the sagging rear end.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Explorer leaf springs???????? I am no way taking apart my explorer.

I picked up a 96 2wd ranger. My plan is to put the 96 and 84 Bronco 2 leaf springs together to give it some lift but that isn't going to take care of my front.
Unless I can take the 96 2wd rear springs and front coils and put them in the 84 Bronco 2 and it brings it back to stock.

I don't care if I have to run smaller tires then 235 75 R15s the truck is just for play and get around.
Trav

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Well got a few updates. Replaced the windshield on the bronco 2 which helped it out a bunch. Then I got a bug deflector with the parts ranger that won't fit the 96 ranger and the explorer it didn't look good with so I put it on here. Looks awesome. Also painted the dash part blue that is closest to the hood. It is covered though with the dash cover.

Got some running boards off the parts truck too going to see how they look.
Trav