•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Picked up a 1990 Bronco II XLT over the weekend

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
very good deal. Im starting to look for another 2nd gen and get rid of my 88 here pretty soon.
Yeah I am starting to like the 2nd gen BII's now that I picked this one up. I was looking out west for some rust free ones, but they are pretty pricey for what was looking to do. Craigslist is the $hit!!! lol.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
mine is an arizona/new mexico truck, im the 3rd owner so its in pretty good shape, Im just looking to go to another 2nd gen. My first was a 2nd gen.

85DANGERanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
cant wait to get mine!!, tomarrow i drive the 3 hr. drive to go look at a 89'. its got the 5 spd, manual locking hubs, 4 inch lift, new 33'' bfg A/T and a highly modded 2.9 with 3,000mi. he said he highly recommends running premium through the motor. also it has new rear 1/4 panels, floor pans, front fenders. its in primer and ready to paint!!

_Kyle_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Nice find. I hope to come across something like that soon to build!

Black P-38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Rover 4.0 Aluminum V8 swap
She's too sweet for a parts truck, NICE SCORE especially for the price. I bet you 'bout crapped when you saw it in person... Hope I can find a deal on one like that someday!!!

+ 1 on replacing the brake hoses!

Mike

Scottwoodguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
85 1/2
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
wore out with only one comuter first yr inject 2.9
gr8 deal ineed one lol both my cars die

i been walking sucks i pull my old bronco out junk see if i can get it running i have 2 part broncos one i working on is early 86 parts cars are 88 89 84 and others
some one put bar radar sealer in m tank rr pumps but tank ont stop again i just but pumpi had on frame rr fuel lins u can see powder copper tye sealer metal shaving in tank then injector stick i think i fix then run rich stil so i rewire it but now wont start got spark got fuel in rail i think brain not letting iunject work it did blow fuse i put in 20 amp fuse ad on so i hope did blow brain i pull brain out but wire pluge ar diffrent but i got wire die on here gr8
by the way i doing it hard way car broke down they stoll my tools no i do itr with junk tool laying around i did walk town get metter 15 buck i am broke \
but i love find deal like u got my stuff is junk lol i mite be wasting my time iafter i find out whats work i but nother moter in i got one it in bent fram dui got car free it has 4 10 gear init too 89 1/2 28 front end tho but it ok i

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
i been walking sucks i pull my old bronco out junk see if i can get it running i have 2 part broncos one i working on is early 86 parts cars are 88 89 84 and others
some one put bar radar sealer in m tank rr pumps but tank ont stop again i just but pumpi had on frame rr fuel lins u can see powder copper tye sealer metal shaving in tank then injector stick i think i fix then run rich stil so i rewire it but now wont start got spark got fuel in rail i think brain not letting iunject work it did blow fuse i put in 20 amp fuse ad on so i hope did blow brain i pull brain out but wire pluge ar diffrent but i got wire die on here gr8
by the way i doing it hard way car broke down they stoll my tools no i do itr with junk tool laying around i did walk town get metter 15 buck i am broke \
but i love find deal like u got my stuff is junk lol i mite be wasting my time iafter i find out whats work i but nother moter in i got one it in bent fram dui got car free it has 4 10 gear init too 89 1/2 28 front end tho but it ok i
..............WHAT?

op: DO NOT PART THAT 90! fix the driveline and DD that, its too clean compared to the 86 to justify parting it. make the 86 a project truck.

CJREX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That made my eyes cross and my head throb :icon_confused:

That Baker Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
man that things clean as hell, once that trannys fixed make it a wheeler

Jixxer6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Try to put some heat on those bolts for the driveshaft. They should come right out once warmed up. I have been told ford used some kind of thread locker on drive shaft bolts so a little heat can go a long way.

Boggin

Reaction score
i swap the 86 wheels to the 90 first off i kinda like the 86 rim better and fix the trans and have a pretty nice rig
x2 i was gonna say that

The only time the rust on the suspension components will be an issue is when you want to take anything apart up there. Other than that it will be fine. How do the break lines look?
exactly, i live in canada, specificaly newfoundland so when winter is here, the rust is here, and BAD, much worse than yours but it all still works perfect (except for the chevys:thefinger:)

You've got the D35 and a manual t-case so you have the highly sought after manual 1354 case.

Looks like it may have manual hubs to boot.

Swap the A4LD for an M5OD, the 7.5 for an 8.8 and you have a solid drivetrain.

Plus...

A 4.0 is basically plug-and-play in a '90 BII.

That truck has TONS 'o potential.

Great Score! :icon_thumby:

i agree^^