•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

power steering line problem

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
I have a 84 bronco 2 SAS and 302 swapped.

I currently dont have power steering because the pump is the one that came on the 1977 302 but the steering box is the stock bronco 2 box. the lines for either are not going to work.

My question is this. my power steering pump is junk. what would you guys recommend for a replacement pump set up that i can get lines that will connect with the stock bronco 2 gear box?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Go with a replacement pump, you can take a stock pressure line to any hydraulic hose shop and have them cut off and crimp on a 3/8 inverted flare fitting for the gearbox side. There are also field serviceable fittings you can buy just about anywhere ( northern tool, summit racing, etc) and you can cut off the fitting and install the field serviceable fitting yourself using a couple wrenches...

SVT

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Go with a replacement pump, you can take a stock pressure line to any hydraulic hose shop and have them cut off and crimp on a 3/8 inverted flare fitting for the gearbox side. There are also field serviceable fittings you can buy just about anywhere ( northern tool, summit racing, etc) and you can cut off the fitting and install the field serviceable fitting yourself using a couple wrenches...

SVT
nice will do, cheers

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd

SVT
Like brake lines some places won't touch them for liablity if you tell them what they are.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
There are a few shops that are DOT certified to make brake lines. The liability keeps most shops from working on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk now Free