•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Project El Taco...1990 BII

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Here is a couple more pictures I snapped in the parking lot while I was working on my alignment, got most of it figured out, it was toe-out just as I thought... Amazing how much difference a 1/4" makes. was pulling severely to the right, and I pretty much got that fixed, but i did notice it was still pulling very slightly to the right on the way home. Also put the stock shackles back in and it sits perfect, but rides like a freakin 3/4-ton... hopefully the AAL will work itself in.

As soon as I get my degree shims in, Ill get some action shots out on the trail....

And no, these arent cell phone pics, my camera just sucks that bad...

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Here is some stuff from about an hour ago...

Couple of vids...

Thing Flexes like crap with the AAL's in there, and I dont have to say anything about the flex of the TTB in its current state... Picture speaks for itself. First real time ive done any wheeling with this setup. Cant do a whole lot right now without being locked and winched. There is a couple of changes im going to make before the next time out... Im pulling the AAL's and putting my long shackles back in, that should put me about at the same height and give me a bunch more flex in the back. Lockers and a winch are the next big projects on this thing though.

Also... I dont know why everybody whines about gearing on TRS. With 3.73's and my 34's, low range is plenty low, and I dont have to worry about busting joints and shafts... I think 4.56's would be too low, and id twist more shit off...

Last edited:

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Also blew my cat out today for some reason...

Its been running weird, and I thought it was something to do with the EFI, I was on my way out there, and it was REALLY pinched off... So I got into it hard and it uncorked itself! Felt like it doubled the power immediately and it ran great the rest of the day!

The cat was a magnaflow cat, and its only about 6 months old...piece of junk... Oh well, dont have to worry about that for a couple of years when i have to take it through emissions again :D

Asweet b2, i just read all 11 pages and im impressed, definately subscribed!
Thanks! :icon_thumby:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Subscribed. Nice to see another B2 build. I am diggin the Mazda grill.

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I didn't like my 3.27, with my 5 speed it was really hard on my clutch and I had to be in 4low. Gearing was the best mod I ever did.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
4.56's and 33's or 34's is great for rocks... Crawling...
Anyways- nice b2 man. Love it

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well we'll see how the 3.73's do on the rocks when I get to trying them out, but in 1st and 4-low, its got plenty of crawl that I havent had to ride the clutch too hard at all.

Maybe the SOHC just has the grunt... But at this point, when I build the axles, I dont see the need to go over a 4.10 gear... Ill say this, when I first drove it with these tires, i was expecting a lot worse...

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Well I also drove an auto on the rocks with 4.56's..

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
im liking the build, deffinantly different...

as for the gears...i have 4.10's and 35's and its about perfect...on the highway im about 2000-2100 at 65 which makes it nice out on the highway

now in 4 low it leaves a little to be desired but a doubler should take care of that, or maybe a 2.9 m5od with the lower first gear

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
the 4.10s with 33 in the BIG rocks are where I want lower gears. I had problems crawling slow in the big rocks until I pulled my IAC to get the revs down to 800rpm.

How low does the SOHC idle ?

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Its idles fine, right at about 800 on the tach, but smooth as butter... it actually idles better than my 05 3.0 does...

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Vehicle
ford ranger spo
seen the little vids off roading be cool to see some aceleration vids on the street to manany more motor shots as well thanks

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ill try and get some some more pics of the engine, and maybe some more video up soon.

Yesterday I was driving and lost all my brake pressure, scared the shit outta me!

ONE LESSON I just learned, always ziptie your brake lines away from your tires! My drivers side front brake line was rubbing against my tires and I didnt even know it until it wore through. Luckily I was only about 5 miles away, and drove home using my gears and e-brake... Not fun...

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Vehicle
ford ranger spo
wow crazy man glad your alright hope ya get her fixed good man

ashleyroachclip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 Ranger STX
Vehicle
1995 Explorer L
Racin, is this the 3rd site we are on ?

Nice build.

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Haha, it is at least, im sure there is more, you and I, were just a couple of forum whores arent we??... Hows that stang??

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
the b2 is looking bad ass, haven't seen updates for a while and I saw a wheeling video on youtube of this and popped back on here. what else do you have planned for this? gonna build bumpers or sliders? also what did you do with that JD lift you originally were going to put on this?

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks...

Yeah, the next fab will be some plate bumpers and and sliders. Working on getting a winch, thats why Ive been holding off on the bumpers. Ive been wanting to build a winch into the front bumper, but everybody is trying to convince me to build a reciever winch. I dont know what im going to do right now, but im still leaning towards a mounted winch in the front. Im thinking of hitting up the elbe fun run the weekend of the 25th, but I dont want to go up there with a truck that aint locked and winched, so if I can get some fab done by then, im thinking of doing it.

I want a locker and some sliders done by then, so wish me luck... lol

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Why not do both on the front bumper, winch and receiver, the best of two worlds..

Robert